Thread: Lymph Node above collarbone react to vaccine?

Lymph Node above collarbone react to vaccine?

I’m a major health anxiety gal. I’ve been doing so well with it for the past 5 years. Now I’m triggered again and looking for advice.

I received the Covid vaccine on January 18 (a week ago). No issues but a sore arm. 5 days later I move my arm and notice pain above my collarbone. I feel the area and notice a rather large lump and it’s sore. So I do what I know I shouldn’t and check to see what it is online. Of course it’s the worst lymph node to be swollen and now I think the worst. It’s a supraclavical node on the left side.

I called to the health department to ask about this and they don’t know. Just said wait and see. Well I can’t do that.

Anyone on here have any guidance with this so I can function until my doc can see me?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Lymph Node above collarbone react to vaccine?

Sorry but I agree - wait and see

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Omg! I had this last year! It was my left collarbone lymph node too. It took about a week for it to go down. It’s still there but much smaller. I got it in response to the flu vaccine. Pretty much the same feeling as you. Soreness and a painful swollen node there. Don’t google this one!

Quote Originally Posted by katniss View Post
    Omg! I had this last year! It was my left collarbone lymph node too. It took about a week for it to go down. It’s still there but much smaller. I got it in response to the flu vaccine. Pretty much the same feeling as you. Soreness and a painful swollen node there. Don’t google this one!

Thank you both for the reply.

I have this now- about 10 days after receiving vaccine. Above collarbone right- side of vaccine. I had a major freak-out yesterday but reading this is reassuring. No one else notices this but us HA sufferers I guess

Got this yesterday, 7 days after the vaccine, basically no other side effects, my wife has a slightly enlarged gland on back of her neck too.

Seems to be becoming more common & swollen glands is a side effect on the info I got, found a few links about it if that helps anyone (yes I did google this ):
    https://www.jpgmonline.com/article.a...81;aulast=Roca
    https://newsroom.clevelandclinic.org...id-19-vaccine/
    https://www.covid19infovaccines.com/...to-the-vaccine

Makes sense to me (even if anything gland related is scary when you have HA), vaccine is triggering an immune response which involves your glands too & immunity doesn't take effect (from my understanding) until at least 2 weeks has passed.

How long did this last for everyone else?
    Last edited by tomtom83; 07-09-21 at 10:32.

We didn't get any nodes swelling from the COVID vax, just kinda yuck for a few days but my wife had a reaction to the flu vax. The node under her arm swelled a bit and she was sore but went away after a day or so. Pretty normal stuff if you ask me.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

About 5 or so days after getting my first shot I got a swollen node in my armpit in the arm I got the shot in. It hurt a little but nothing too bad. I called the pharmacy and the pharmacist told me it was common with the vaccine, said something about not having mammograms for X amount of time afterwards for that reason.

Just to update, the tender node I had from the vaccine is now nearly back to normal (2 weeks after 1st vaccine), was sore for about 4-5 days & now it seems to be getting smaller each day. Read it can take 10 weeks to completely go back to normal.

Seems like this & swelling in the armpit is getting more & more reported from vaccines as well as a thing called "covid arm" where your body reacts 1 week or more after the vaccine & you can get an itchy arm with swollen nodes on the injection side. All normal vaccine reactions apparently.

Thread Information