Thread: Sensitive hearing/ head whoosh

Sensitive hearing/ head whoosh

Hi all, I'm a little concerned about a new symptom I've developed. I woke up one day about a month ago with a strange blood rush/ whoosh sensation in my left ear. I sometimes get sensitive hearing when my mental health is bad, and my MH was pretty bad over Christmas. Anyway, Googling it only leads to "pulsatile tinnitus" and I'm unsure it's that since it only does it sometimes when I talk or hear a loud/deep noise. It's also less of a pulse and more of a blood rush. I can't really hear out of the ear when it happens, though it tends to only do it in the morning when I wake up and in the evening.

Anyway, I'd go to the doctors but I'm pretty much staying inside right now due to Covid fears. I keep thinking it's probably just my anxiety/ depression causing me to be sensitive (I've had this before but it hasn't lasted as long. I also sometimes get migraines.). Has anyone else has had this or should I really get going to a doctor?

Re: Sensitive hearing/ head whoosh

Actually, this started happening to me dating back to childhood, and eventually I was indeed diagnosed with tinnitus and I've learnt to deal with it, but it can be annoying at times. White noise machines are helpful in your room at night. Light rain or ocean sounds/music can help during the day. Even though you haven't been officially diagnosed by a medical professional, you could always pick one up - Ionizer machines create a nice gentle soothing hum. "pulsatile tinnitus" comes and goes and sometimes goes away on its own, but better to get a proper diagnosis. Hope you feel better and take care

Thread Information