Thread: Dark urine - petrified, please help!

Dark urine - petrified, please help!

Hello all,

I have had this vague discomfort ( cannot really call it pain) on my right side, sort of under the ribs, for about 2 months . It comes and goes, and sometimes it is absent for days. However, I look all the time in my urine and stool colors, because it comforts me: as long as these are normal, I am probably OK. Guess what: just went to pee and my urine today is dark yellow, almost orange! I have been almost anticipating this , because I am scared to death that something is wrong with either my liver or my pancreas ( scared to even think about it). When I just now saw my urine color, I froze with fear. And I do not believe I was dehydrated, because I drink a lot of water. My question , to whoever can be so kind to reply, is this: how long should this color persist ( God forbid), to warrant calling my doctor? For example, it my next pee is normal color, should I relax a little? What I am trying to ask is , if the color change is caused by something serious, would it still flip-flop, or would it be persistent? Thank you so much in advance, whoever can help me calm down a little.

Re: Dark urine - petrified, please help!

Dark (and strong smelling) urine is typically due to not enough liquids (despite if you think you've consumed enough water) and yes, you should relax if your next pee is normal as a problem would persist.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa,

Thank you so much. I can wait to have to pee again.

Sounds like you are dehydrated

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Lana ,

I'm in UK and have exactly the same concerns.

It's horrendous.

Checking colour etc..
    Wondering what constitutes dark urine or a light stool

I can't offer advice to stop worrying but I can understand you.

Message me if you wish.

Rob

If you have searched the internet and come across those urine colour charts (and I bet you have) then ignore them. Without boring you with details I spent too much time worrying about the colour of my urine. Every time I gave a sample it looked very dark yellow in the specimen jar. And without fail every urinalysis report came back normal in terms of colour. Urine colour means very little. Drink more water. The urologist told me to drink 3 litres a day.

Not to be gross but my partner always has really dark wee, and he's fit as a fiddle! He just recently had blood tests too for something unrelated and all came back fine. I personally don't think he drinks enough water, but it's nothing really to worry about. I've just bought one of those flasks that has the time of day and much water you should have drank, get one of those might help! X

Thread Information