Hi all, I'm going to start this citalopram diary just for my own benefit I suppose so that I can track how I'm doing everyday and it's all kept in one place. Previously was on fluoxetine that worked really well but pooped out after 4 years. Tried sertraline for 16 weeks but it made me depressed eventually. Now I'm on citalopram. I'm giving myself a very hard time for not feeling well yet, when I need to realise that I've swapped medications quite alot over the past few months and also I'm working full time at home and home schooling a 4 year old full time too, all on my own. So I'm under an enormous amount of stress. I'm listening to Claire Weekes audios and Barry Mcdonagh audios to help me along too.

So far, I started 6 weeks ago, I'm on 20mg. The first couple of weeks were the typical side effects and weaning off the sertraline, which to be honest, I barely had any withdrawals so I don't think it was doing anything for me anyway apart from giving me the runs 4x a day!! Weeks 3&4 on the citalopram were lovely, minimal side effects, minimal anxiety, panic attacks gone. I then hit week 5 and it went downhill, anxiety is back and side effects. Feel nauseous, brain fog, tense, dry mouth, bouts of extreme tiredness. I'm sleeping well on a night but do wake up at 5am everyday on the dot.

I have been on citalopram years and years ago and they worked fantastic, I only stayed on them a few months and then came off because I felt better at the time and got pregnant.

Anyway week 6 +1 day and I still feel shocking. I typically feel very anxious all morning up until mid afternoon and thats when I start coming around and my anxiety is pretty much non-existent in the evenings. I do still have side effects like nausea, head tingling etc but that could also be the anxiety... Anyway I spoke to my gp 2 days ago and he said to keep on the 20mg and take propranolol as and when I need to. Which at the moment I'm taking about 20mg a day which I know isn't alot either.

I'll probably update this thread every 2-3 days or when I remmeber so that I can look back and see how I've been doing and make desicions about my health for the future. Xx