Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My citalopram journey... So far

Re: My citalopram journey... So far

Started week 8 today. So over the past week I've had some good days for the first time since week 2-3 which has felt lovely. I know I'm not out of the woods by any means. Today and yesterday were abit up and down. Having jaw ache, headache, nausea and tiredness. Anxiety has still been lingering too. It seems that I'm struggling more with the side effects rather than the actual anxiety now. I'm trying to stay as positive as possible as I know I've had a few good days and I know it's a very up and down process. I'm hoping the good days will get more and the bad days less until the bad days are gone. Fingers crossed. X

Week 8, day 3.. The past few days have been okay. Yesterday was the best day I've had probably so far since being on the medication so that's a positive! I'm still nowhere near fully recovered, I'm still getting bouts of very random anxiety in the daytime which I just sit through and it eventually goes away. I'm also still nauseous some days. Im still getting some side effects, aching muscles, headaches and shooting head pains, jaw pain. But the most of the other side effects have gone. I'm feeling definitely more positive now because I've been having some better days. I'm hoping by 12-16 weeks I'll be feeling so much better. I've got a personal paper diary that I'm writing in daily so I can look back on it and I think it's just good to keep track of my moods and bodily sensations, achievements etc x

Starting week 9 today! Anxiety is definitely improved, it's not fully there yet but it's improved. I'm also doing self help such as reading Barry mcdonagh dare, walking daily, keeping well hydrated, no caffeine etc. I have cbt coming up too, should be starting cbt in about 3 weeks. I have minimal side effects now, the only side effect that's bothering me significantly is the muscle ache, I wake up and feel like I've been run over and reversed back over again. It's in all my limbs and sometimes even my fingers and toes ache. I'm saying this is definitely the citalopram as I had my bloods checked not long back and they were fine. So I'm really hoping it passes bevause the citalopram are working, but the full body aches is something that I wouldn't be able to cope with long term. It's nerve wracking wondering whether the aching will pass to be honest. I'm also taking magnesium supplements daily to help the aching. So, fingers crossed this aching settles!

Week 9 day 3 - so my anxiety has gone downhill again slightly and I'm feeling quite sad and tearful at the moment. I'm due on my period in a few days so I think that's why. I still have the body aches which I'm still hoping go away. I'm hoping my next post on here I'll be back with more positivity!

Week 10 starts today. Still have anxiety, going through a bad spell at the moment and feeling quite tearful too. I'm hoping this bad spell passes soon as it's really knocking my confidence and making me feel hopeless to be honest. I'm still having body aches and general feeling of lethargy in my muscles which isn't great. This bad blip seems to be dragging on a little bit now, I'm hoping for relief soon before I lose all hope. 😭 X

If the blip continues for another week I'd be talking to the GP about increasing the dose. Given your med history you will likely need to go above the minimum dose for optimum results.

hey! how are you doing? hope your doing well. I came across your post as citalopram gave me muscle twitches and zaps and i just couldn't hack it. Hope your symptoms have eased

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information