Thread: Can't believe the severity of this panic attack out of the blue

Can't believe the severity of this panic attack out of the blue

I have been really well for the last few years, hard work, but conquered the attacks and managed to live a good life. Since January 1st I have been on a health improvement kick - won't say diet or anything like that. I eat well, sleep well and walk about 2-3 miles each day. Previously my blood pressure was high but over the last year got it down to normal - so far so good
    Thursday this week I woke up with what felt like a hangover (but wasn't) and felt rough all day, twitchy body, aching chest, foggy head, dry mouth. This stayed with me into today, then I made a mistake of taking my BP, it was sky high, so I took it a few times and of course it went higher and higher. Now I am slap, bang in the middle of the mother of all panic attacks -I don't understand why they come at you out of the blue?
    I tried going for a walk but felt I was about to fall over, my head was really foggy.
    Funny thing is now I have written it down I feel better - is that weird or what? No longer feel like I am having a stroke/heart attack/about to die.
    Just wondered if anyone else gets taken by surprise. Going about your daily stuff, then BAM it hits you.
    So in a couple of days I will probably be back to 'normal' until next time.
    Life is funny.

Keep safe everyone.

Re: Can't believe the severity of this panic attack out of the blue

i always find taking bp when u not feeling to good brings on the sky high readings then higher and higher, ive found the best way is not to do it, not done mine for months docs had me doing it 6 times a day i was having panic attacks,anxiety etc for months just doing it,

I think you are so right Peter, it was a really bad idea to take my BP. Made a decision not to take it for at least a month. Feel a lot better and calmer today.
    I agree the more you take it the higher it gets - so STOP IT!! Going to listen to myself for a change

I have just had a huge panic attack come and bite me on the backside - I actually can’t remember the last time I had one and this was so intense. I woke up and that was it, I felt confused and then started to worry about that and didn’t know where I was - all in literally split seconds then I felt light headed and thought I was guna pass out so scrambled down the hall way to wake up my partner who was asleep on the sofa and tell him “babe I don’t feel right” I thought I was going to drop down dead. Then I quite quickly realised he wasn’t very worried and that I was still okay and breathing even though I was sweating and shaking and then I calmed down pretty quick . Why the helllllll !!!!

The hangover is the culprit here If you want to avoid days like this it's best to not drink.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Pansy View Post
    I have been really well for the last few years, hard work, but conquered the attacks and managed to live a good life. Since January 1st I have been on a health improvement kick - won't say diet or anything like that. I eat well, sleep well and walk about 2-3 miles each day. Previously my blood pressure was high but over the last year got it down to normal - so far so good
    Thursday this week I woke up with what felt like a hangover (but wasn't) and felt rough all day, twitchy body, aching chest, foggy head, dry mouth. This stayed with me into today, then I made a mistake of taking my BP, it was sky high, so I took it a few times and of course it went higher and higher. Now I am slap, bang in the middle of the mother of all panic attacks -I don't understand why they come at you out of the blue?
    Except that it didn't come out of the blue. You felt unwell and then you took your blood pressure.

It's normal to feel unwell now and again and it's normal for the BP to rise when we feel unwell. It's also normal for the BP to shoot up with anxiety..

Thread Information