Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortioxetine Anyone tried this for treatment resistant depression and GAD

Re: Vortioxetine Anyone tried this for treatment resistant depression and GAD

My son doesn't care about side effects or feeling physically ill and has had no side effects with any ADs..including venlafaxine and withdrawing from 375mg of ven to zero in 14 days.

It doesn't seem to have been a major factor for those in the drug trials, but there are no guarantees. Also, not all side-effects are necessarily down to the meds. An anxious mind is quite capable of producing the most severe side-effects imaginable if given half a chance. Become convinced you will suffer greatly and it may create the whole catastrophe for you. If anxiety does become a problem talk to your psychiatrist as there is no need to suffer.
    No I do know I give myself anxiety everytime I take a new tablet whether it’s to do with mental health or if it’s a antibiotic/or even a brand change makes me anxious. But I know the difference between me causing it and the tablet causing it, me causing it wears off after a couple of hours. I have suffered anxiety since my teens I’m now 43 and they can’t find anything to stop it, I’m also agorophobic so it’s very hard to control.

Food doesn't matter and vortioxetine has a longish half-life, around 66 hours so it won't matter when you take it. The important thing is to pick a time of day when you're certain of being able to take it regularly.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks I didn’t know if it made people sleepy or some make you more awake so some they say is best morning or night but if it doesn’t effect people in that way that’s fine. Thanks again for your help, I hope you’re well..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    My son doesn't care about side effects or feeling physically ill and has had no side effects with any ADs..including venlafaxine and withdrawing from 375mg of ven to zero in 14 days.

oh right I see. I don’t really get withdrawals that often when been on meds but I’m very sensitive to all meds and do get side effects nausea and anxiety sleepy etc but I do have stomach problems and narcolepsy so the tiredness is probably worse due to that. Hope you and your son are well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information