Thread: Started 50mg 3xdaily for anxiety when did people notice a change

Started 50mg 3xdaily for anxiety when did people notice a change

Hi
    I was prescribed pregabalin by my phyatrist 4 days ago I'm on 50mg 3xdaily along with venlafaxine 225mg daily I'm just looking for other people experiences with it and when they noticed a change on there anxiety on the first dose I took I instantly felt calm and sleepy it don't make me feel sleepy now when I take it I took my last dose last night at 9 I woke up this morning felt anxious which I haven't really felt for the past 6 days as been struggling with anxiety and attacks worse the last 8 weeks but the last 6 days I've been feeling calm relaxed even managed to go and do a weeks shopping which to many wouldnt seem a big deal but to me I haven't left the house in 8 weeks so it was a big achievement for me but today I don't know I felt anxiety trying to creep back in with thoughts in my head like I can't breathe and that again when I know I can I've been doing well these last 6 days don't want to go backwards just wondering if I would of noticed a change already or not thank you and sorry for my long post

Re: Started 50mg 3xdaily for anxiety when did people notice a change

Quote Originally Posted by Kalie galea View Post
    just wondering if I would of noticed a change already or not thank
    Pregabalin achieves peak performance fairly quickly. It works essentially the same as the benzodiazepines (BZDs) but by a different route. BZDs dampen brain activity by increasing the influx of negatively charged chlorine ions into cells which makes it harder for them to raise their internal voltage to the 'firing' potential. Pregabalin produces the same outcome by inhibiting the influx of positively charged calcium ions.

Ive been on them 4 days so should I be noticing a difference already

Quote Originally Posted by Kalie galea View Post
    Ive been on them 4 days so should I be noticing a difference already
    Some yes, but it may take another 2-3 days to reach full effectiveness at the current dose.

I’ve just been put on pregab 1 50mg 3 times a day starter dose for ocd and anxiety as tried 24 years of SSRIs and SNRIs which I had night sweats with. Still don’t feel anything yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymoo16 View Post
    I’ve just been put on pregab 1 50mg 3 times a day starter dose for ocd and anxiety.

....Still don’t feel anything yet??
    It may take some days to get the full response from what is a small dose.

as tried 24 years of SSRIs and SNRIs which I had night sweats with
    Was one of the SSRIs fluvoxamine (Luvox)? If so, was it effective? Did you doctor/psychiatrist ever suggest trying the tricyclic class antidepressant (TCA) clomipramine (Anafranil)?

Small doses of gabapentin (Neurontin), which is an older version of pregabalin, has long been prescribed for SSRI induced sweating. The isn't as much data on pregabalin, but some studies have found it effective so something to consider if you need to go back to SSRIs/SNRIs.

Thread Information