Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New year, new worry

Re: New year, new worry

I don't know. It's something I'm working on with my CBT therapy. I can't accept that I deserve good things. That something terrible has to happen to ruin everything. It's been my way of thinking since I was a teen

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie1108 View Post
    I'm too afraid to accept what I'm being told because I think it's tempting fate and if I accept this as anxiety, then it will turn out to not be. If that makes sense
    Actually no.... it doesn't make sense to 'me'. You're 'being told' by who? I've faced and dealt with several very serious physical illnesses. If I had ONE doctor tell me I was fine, I would have been jumping for joy and moving on.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You need to learn to relax. Find something to take your mind off things. If you are safe to do so I advise exercise. It is hard to be anxious when you are tired from exercise. Plus I think it releases some kind of hormone that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie1108 View Post
    I don't know. It's something I'm working on with my CBT therapy. I can't accept that I deserve good things. That something terrible has to happen to ruin everything. It's been my way of thinking since I was a teen
    Has something terrible actually happened yet? Have you any evidence that you don't deserve good things?

Not relating to my health, but I have experienced some traumatic life events that have contributed to the health anxiety.

I struggle to switch off and relax. I just attempted to and out of nowhere, my bottom lip went numb. I've started to dread bed time

Traumatic life events can certainly cause all sorts of psychological distress and I'm sure your therapist will be aware of this and will be working with you to help you make sense of how you are processing this trauma.

I've had a terrible night and day. Things seemed more positive and was able to get lots done and function normally. Then I have come down with a bit of a cold, so couldn't sleep last night. I was tossing and turning as I was nodding off and felt like my breathing was restricted and then suddenly I couldn't breath, couldn't move a muscle for what seemed like ages. I was convinced I was dying. I've had sleep paralysis before but never felt like I couldn't breath. When I was able to move, I wasn't out of breath or anything so I'm hoping it was just perceived. Then I didn't want to go back to sleep and when I eventually did, I dreamt I was fainting and losing consciousness. I'm utterly convinced I have a brain tumour! Today, I'm feeling dreadful and emotional although it's my time of the month which may be contributing. I'm just so fed up now. Everything is pointing towards me having a brain disorder but I'm not allowed any tests.

Who says everything is pointing towards a brain tumour? Why do you think you're not allowed tests?

I'm still getting this terrible disinfectant chemical smell and tatse. Happens when something hits my sinuses. For example, when I get in shower, spray deodorant. Eating certain foods. I'm so scared it's a tumour causing this but Dr says it's an after effect of covid. I can't cope.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information