Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New year, new worry

New year, new worry

Hi all, here I am again. I hope you're all doing OK in these strange times. I've been better thanks to sertraline but I caught covid in December and for some reason stopped taking it and not restarted. For the past few weeks I've been getting tingling and numb and burning sensations in my arms and legs. Then last night, I took a sip of my drink and everything went blurred for a split second. It was as I pulled my drink away from a sip and it was a martini glass so my rational side is trying to say I just looked through the glass, but unfortunately my anxious, far louder side is telling me it's a brain tumour. I've obsessed all day and with the tingling etc, it's not helping. I also had bloods taken on Friday do I have the added anxiety of the wait on those. I also keep getting heavy eyes and numb teeth. Does this sound like a neurological thing?

Re: New year, new worry

Withdrawal from sertraline can make you feel awful. What does your doctor say about restarting it?

I stopped taking it almost 2 months ago now so would it still affect me? I'm going to call my gp in the morning to discuss. Currently lying in bed unable to sleep as my left arm feels really weak 😔

I totally understand. My APRN tried to take me off of it last month and I had to restart it as I was becoming unstable. Did you come off of it abruptly? All those symptoms sound quite familiar. Hope you feel better soon.

Yes, I just stopped it completely. I spoke to my gp. Apparently my vitamin d is quite low so wants me to supplement but she thinks all this is anxiety and I need to restart ASAP so that's what I'm going to do. Thank you for taking the time to respond, it's much appreciated

You're quite welcome. Yeah I would restart it. I'm back on 100MG for the next few months and then perhaps switch to something with less side effects.

I've woken up today and feel nauseous and exhausted and my eyes feel weird as do my legs. I'm really worried it's a brain tumour. Why does my mind think like this?

I've heard of people suffering withdrawal symptoms for 6 months or longer after coming off antidepressants. I think it's definitely possible it could still be affecting you!

Numbness, tingling, blurry/weird vision, nausea - all symptoms I've had from anxiety. Especially the vision thing. Sometimes I feel like I'm looking through a tunnel. It's amazing what anxiety can do! And it's amazing how our brains can convince us it's something sinister. Coming off antidepressants suddenly is a sure fire way to trigger some horrible side effects and anxious symptoms.

I do hope you feel better soon.

I've made an appointment for an eye health check tomorrow. At this point I'm pretty much convinced I have a tumour

My left calf is twitching all the time and the base of my foot is numb. This does not bode well

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information