Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New year, new worry

Re: New year, new worry

ALS, Myotonic dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, and at best as awful as that sounds, MS

My advice to you is to do a search on this website for all the times those illnesses have been mentioned. Then see how many times people have thankfully been wrong with their self diagnosis.

This is why Google is not good for non medical professionals.

My advice when you see your doctor is to tell them what you are fearing and for them to tell you what their opinion is. Make sure you write any answer down so you can refer to it later if you start worrying.

I hope you find comfort soon and let us know how you get on

Thank you. I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply

Well the Dr did a neurological exam on me and there's no loss of strength and reflexes are fine. She's confident there's nothing untoward going on. I have alot of tension in my upper back so it's affecting me neck and then going on to affect other areas. Wants me to up the sertraline and she's going to do a weekly check in with me.

Hey fantastic news. Thanks for letting us know. Now you can concentrate on getting better by relaxing and working on anxiety.

Do you feel relieved?

I did feel relieved yesterday and slept quite well after a long distance reiki session. Today though I'm feeling shaky and my mouth feels like it's not working properly. Ah the joys of HA

So since last night, I'm getting the smell of burning rubber and a taste similar to disinfectant. This has to be a brain tumour. There is no other explanation when I put my symptoms together. Random split second blurry vision,heavy heavy eyes that I cant even open sometimes and have to do it manually. The heaviness occurs every night without fail just as I drift off. Numb teeth. Weak arm that comes and goes. Tingling. I don't know what to do. My dr says anxiety but it's getting worse by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie1108 View Post
    Well the Dr did a neurological exam on me and there's no loss of strength and reflexes are fine. She's confident there's nothing untoward going on. I have alot of tension in my upper back so it's affecting me neck and then going on to affect other areas. Wants me to up the sertraline and she's going to do a weekly check in with me.
    So have you increased your sertraline?

I spoke to her yesterday and she's calling next week for an update and discuss going up a dose

Your doctor is confident that you are neurologically healthy but your HA knows better of course and this is why your doctor thinks an increase would help your anxiety.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information