Thread: On and off Welbutrin (bufrofin)

On and off Welbutrin (bufrofin)

I am in the US and its really hard to get meds reliably here, so i have gone on and off my wellbutrin. I take it with lexipro in order to provide relief from MDD, but the doctor forgot to perscibe me it a couple months ago and this week, I lost my pill bottle camping ( i know ). But- im scared to go back on it, anxious to be reliying on it in the first place and have noted I've gained some weight- its winter and that might be the culprit, but i am/was pretty skinny so those 3-4kg make a big difference in my appearance.

Re: On and off Welbutrin (bufrofin)

Quote Originally Posted by Happyy View Post
    I am in the US and its really hard to get meds reliably here, so i have gone on and off my wellbutrin. I take it with lexipro in order to provide relief from MDD, but the doctor forgot to perscibe me it a couple months ago and this week, I lost my pill bottle camping ( i know ).
    Antidepressants (ADs) need to be taken regularly as coming on and off them increases the risk of them no longer working.

But- im scared to go back on it, anxious to be reliying on it in the first place
    If these were meds for, say, epilepsy would you still feel the same way? Depression is a symptom of a brain dysfunction caused by high brain stress hormone levels killing brain cells in the hippocampal regions of the brain. ADs work by stimulating the growth of replacement cells. The new cells produce the therapeutic response, not the ADs directly.

and have noted I've gained some weight- its winter and that might be the culprit, but i am/was pretty skinny so those 3-4kg make a big difference in my appearance.
    Bupropion is a stimulatory AD and does not usually cause weight gain. In fact small doses are sometimes prescribed to counter SSRI induced weight gain.

Thread Information