Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Book Club :)

Smile Book Club :)

Hey everyone

This thread is basically all about books - Your reccomendations, opinions on books you want to buy, ANYTHING book related lol.

Right now i'm reading 'The Trick Is To Keep Breathing' by Janice Galloway.

I LOVE it. Its about a woman called Joy (ironically) as she battles with depression, OCD and anxiety amongst other things.

Has anyone else read this book?

What are you all reading at the moment?

Whats your favourite book(s) of all time?

Stacey

Re: Book Club :)

A while ago I read "The Greatest Fight", the autobiography of a boxer called Michael Watson who was severely brain damaged from injuries sustained in a fight.

It's so inspirational the way that he fought to get something like a decent standard of life again and he even completed the London Marathon, raising millions for charity in the process.

It shows that no matter how bad things are, if you're willing to fight you can win one day.

Gordon

My actual favourite book of all time is "High Fidelity" by Nick Hornby as he gets the whole record collecting nerd thing spot on (I'm one myself lol).

Gordon

I read a book called Panic Away by Joe Barry which was reccomended to me by several nmp members. I found it really helpful.

love Mags xxx

I've read most of these books. My favourite book of all time is The Kite Runner, set in Afganistan, anyone read it?

My preferred (self-help) book (yes I have loads! lol) is called Stop Worrying About Your Health! by George Zgourides....and it's an amazing book for calming your nerves if you suffer health anxiety. I reach for this book on bad days and after a few chapters feel like I've been counselled personally. A highly recommended read and it teaches CBT. I've read it a hundred times and it never fails me - it's my bible.

Janet Evanovich is my fave bestselling ficticious author and her series of books about a bounty hunter in America called Stephanie Plum, are witty, racy and fast paced with loads of laff-out-loud moments!!

My all time favourite book is the folk of the far away tree by enid blyton

but at the moment i'm reading two books

The chronicles of ancient darkness fourth book OUTCAST

they are all fascinating books on native american clans

first theres Wolf brother
    then spirit walker
    then soul eater
    now outcast

and another book called abandoned

x

AND YOU'LL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE

p.s not too much though, be HAPPY

Oh a book thread So many books that I could name. Going back to when I was a teenager, the book that totally shock my foundations was 'The Color Purple' by Alice Walker, I worshipped the female characters in the book, especially Celie, such a phenomenal person.

Of the classics it has to be 'Silas Marner' by George Eliot. It really hits home how being ostracised by your friends and not given the benefit of the doubt for doing something you did not do, can really devastate the human spirit. When the little girl comes into the Weaver's life, she brings him back to life and lets him trust and love people again. Very moving.

I have read a zillion self help books but none are standing out for me at the moment. I guess 'Beyond Fear' by Dorothy Rowe is worth a mention as she speaks about fear in such a sane manner and makes you feel totally sane for having issues with fear ( now that is some feat).

At the moment I love my books on Crystals *, anyone intersted in crystal healing couldn't do much better than any of Judy Halls books. 'Crystal Therapy' by Doreen Virtue is also wonderful for the beginners and she integrates crystal healing with angel healing. If you want to find specific crystal healing techniques for specific ailments (worry, anxiety, depression included), then 'Heal Yourself With Crystals' by Hazel Raven is top notch.

Currently I am really interested in the pre Christian world and am researching the Pagan religions. I am awaiting 'Drawing Down the Moon' by Margot Adler from Amazon and I really hope it will be as good a read as all the reviews report.

So I think I am gone on for long enough,

Ellen x

* Look up Piglet's thread on crystals if you want further info about them, Piglet is great to give guidance about the subject.

My special book is Self Help for your Nerves by Dr Claire Weeks I keep it with me at all times, the pages are waring thin now. It is the only thing that has helped me to understand what my anxiety is all about and I am much better now for finding this book.

Carol

Hi,One of my favourite books is The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. It is a beautiful love story and i sobbed my heart out at the end. A very clever and original book. I loved it!!Josephine.x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information