Hi, I am in a dreadful state at the moment. Last week I did a stool test and had a blood test. The background to this is I was having floating stools and saw the doctor who examined me and said all felt normal. She order two stools tests, one to the hospital and one to the surgery, also a blood test. The hospital stool test was posted three weeks ago, and I took the other one into the surgery when I went for my blood test a week ago.

The nurse said if I hadn't heard anything by Monday to ring the surgery. After being afraid every day of a phone call from the doctor, and not hearing anything I calmed down and rang. The receptionist said the stool tests were back and the doctor had seen them, but she didn't understand them and said the doctor would send me a letter if she wanted to see me. She said the blood tests weren't back and then again said if the doctor wanted to see me she would write. She told me not to ring again, but to wait to see if I got a letter. She didn't say how long to wait, but I would just have to wait and see.

This has terrified me as I don't know what the results are and can only find out by waiting and see if I get a letter some time. I am worried there is something terribly wrong now. I had a stool test a few months ago and when I rang for the results the receptionist said it was normal. So this is different, I think if it was normal she would have said.

My bowels seem to have settled down and I've not had the floating stools for a while and everything looks normal, I had felt better about it and thought the tests might be alright,but now I'm sure they are not.

I don't how I'm going to get through every day waiting to see if there is a letter. I am sitting here shaking.

Has anyone had this sort of scenario where you are not told the results and can't ring again but wait worrying.

Please help I can't cope!