Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Nan has 109 lives

My Nan has 109 lives

She had COVID and beat it, but the lingering cough left her in a situation where she was coughing so much she couldn't breath. They took her into hospital for oxygen and antibiotics. She's being released soon and is in good health.

I love my Nan. She's almost 80, has been overweight her entire life, and has beat so many illnesses. She almost died during a stomach operation 15 years ago. Doctors said prepare for the worst. She beat that too.

After all of that she still drives, still gets about and does her own things and is fit and healthy for her age. I hope I inherited her genes.

Just thought I'd share

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: My Nan has 109 lives

Your Nan sounds like a very strong lady who is resilient and determined to beat anything which is thrown at her.

I'm really glad she's on the mend and will be home from hospital very soon.

Bless your Nan, strong lady.

A friend of my Mums contracted Covid19 around Christmas time. She's 91 and all fine now.

Scary when someones Nan is younger than my Dad and the same age as my Mum.

She must be a very strong lady made of good stuff as my mum would say bless her its surprising how much one person can take let's hope she stays strong xx

I forgot to mention but my mom has COVID. The African variant. There was an alert in her area today too to warn people.

She's had it 9 days and is still bed bound. I asked her if she needed to go to hospital and she said she doesn't. I asked if she'd know when she needs to go and she said she does. Worries me though because she's really unwell at the minute and is sleeping so much. She also complains of a hangover headache. She said she had chest pain that passed. She said she's had a temperature for a while too. She's 56 and otherwise fit and healthy; aside from her constant pain from a nerve cut during gallbladder surgery.

I wish she'd go to the hospital, but maybe I'm just being overly worried.

I don't understand it. The infection numbers are going down yet too many people I know have COVID at this moment in time. And I dont see the media celebrating the significant drop in numbers.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Your Mum will know if she needs to go to hospital and I'd say she's much better off resting as much as she can at home in order to recover. I have a friend in her sixties who currently has Covid and she feels completely wiped out and has lost all strength in her legs. She's a runner too so very fit. She's recovering at home but it's a slow process.

When was she tested for the South African variant?

Your mothers symptoms sound completely identical to my symptoms when I had Covid in October. A hangover headache is a pretty good way to describe it, and I also had some pretty intense chest pain that passed after a day or so.

Like your mum, I had a few rough days but at no point did I feel like I needed to be hospitalised. Her symptoms will most likely start to improve over the next few days. I’m sure she’ll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    She had COVID and beat it, but the lingering cough left her in a situation where she was coughing so much she couldn't breath. They took her into hospital for oxygen and antibiotics. She's being released soon and is in good health.

I love my Nan. She's almost 80, has been overweight her entire life, and has beat so many illnesses. She almost died during a stomach operation 15 years ago. Doctors said prepare for the worst. She beat that too.
    Your nan sounds like my aunty. She was 93 when she died. Beat cancer and all sorts. She was a force to be reckoned with for sure! Shame she was aunt by marriage lol. Then again, my maternal aunty has just hit the 80 mark and my grandad was 81 when he died..

My maternal nan died when I was 15 and my paternal when I was 6. I never knew my paternal grandad - he died when I was a baby. I was 13 when my other grandad died. I always felt a bit cheated on the grandparent front until my youngest son - who never knew Hub's mum or my dad (both dead) and he was 2 when my mum died - so he has no memory of her. He's just lost his grandad at the age of 11. But, at least he had a grandad to remember. Some people don't even have that..

I'm glad your nan is still going strong James, and by the sounds of it there's no reason why she won't live to get her telegram from Liz. Driving too? That's brilliant!

I was watching my little grandson via the dreaded Zoom the other day, and he's a lovable little sod - just like his dad was. The gratification of seeing my son chasing round after his kid like I chased after him is enormous lol. He looks the spit of him at that age too!

My maternal grandparents had both died before I was born but I was lucky to have my dad's parents who were both from Manchester although they relocated Darn Sarf very close to us.

I sincerely hope I never become a grandparent...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I sincerely hope I never become a grandparent...
    My three goals in life were to be a mum, a grandma, and to be happy. Have achieved 2/3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information