Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Nan has 109 lives

Re: My Nan has 109 lives

WI your Nan sounds much like my grandma - she is 89, survived lung cancer in the 80’s after having a section of lung removed, has had two bouts of different cancers since, went through a years worth of hospitalization for various illnesses including sepsis, coded twice but came back around, pneumonia and hospitalized a year ago, and is just recently released from the hospital for a mild stroke and is now in rehab. I’m with you on the genes!!

All the things your nan has gone through leads me to think She’ll be around for a good long while yet!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Your Mum will know if she needs to go to hospital and I'd say she's much better off resting as much as she can at home in order to recover. I have a friend in her sixties who currently has Covid and she feels completely wiped out and has lost all strength in her legs. She's a runner too so very fit. She's recovering at home but it's a slow process.

When was she tested for the South African variant?
    Although I can't fully comment as I don't know the full situation, I do agree that James's mom is probably better off at home right now and hospital should ultimately be a last resort, e.g, if she struggles to breathe.

Re the SA variant, it's probably a good thing that the authorities are being proactive right now, as there there seem to be more cases being sought out and found.

On the other hand, the media seem to have gone quiet over the alleged mutation of the Kent variant, that was big news the other day.

Thanks all. Can't be 100% she's got the SA strain but here's what was put out on: https://i.imgur.com/6DmhnGA.png

It's a very worrying time that's for sure. My mom knows my anxiety so she tries not to say things that worry me. It definitely hits home when it hits the people you love.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Nan is off the COVID ward and about ready to come home. Mom has no change. Still sleeping a lot with a temperature.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Nan is off the COVID ward and about ready to come home. Mom has no change. Still sleeping a lot with a temperature.
    Your gran sounds incredible! It sounds like your mum is similar to what my boyfriend was like. He was bed bound for over 2 weeks. We rang 111 and the doctor wasn't too worried, just said it takes longer with some people.

After 2.5 weeks or so he started improving and after another week he was going about daily activities in the flat again. Now we can just about do a 6km walk.

Hope she feels lots better in a few days

Talking of Lizzy, she also drives her own Range. I read an article that retold a story from an Arabian prince and the time he met Liz. She offered him a tour of her estate. He pooped himself. She was driving like she was on a track. I believe she was in the army driving vehicles so she knows how to handle her cars.

Found it as I was typing: https://www.vox.com/2015/1/23/787724...ah-queen-drive

☪️️

Good news. My mom is on the up. She has more energy today and feels better too. It's been a heck of a worrying time. It's caused night terrors for the past 4 days having that extra mental weight on my mind.

That's 2 people recovered. Can't wait to see my nan and mom again. Give them a big hug.

Stay safe folks.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Good news. My mom is on the up. She has more energy today and feels better too. It's been a heck of a worrying time. It's caused night terrors for the past 4 days having that extra mental weight on my mind.

That's 2 people recovered. Can't wait to see my nan and mom again. Give them a big hug.

Stay safe folks.
    Excellent news James.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Excellent news James.
    Thanks Nora, I hope all is well your end. I was cutting my toe nails in the toilet bowl the other day and you popped into my head. Made me chuckle lol.

☪️️

Ooo just heard my Nan is home

☪️️

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information