Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Front door

Front door

People may remember I worried about my letter box as my mum put an envelope through it and I worried it had been near the bin. I ended up getting a new door but it’s been contaminated already as a parcel man has put my neighbours parcel in the wheelie bin and put a slip through the door so now I am worried about that letter box as he never obviously washed his hands so the germs are on the letter box?

Re: Front door

You can't live life like this its near impossible to escape every single germ, and you could end up replacing everything where will it end seriously you need to get help and if you have you need more help, you know this isn't healthy take care xx

Yes I know I feel so much anger with Amazon right now. Basically anything coming via the letter box I will worry is dirty now. I have an area on my floor where my mum put a bag down she touched the bin and the bag so that area is off limits. I posted lots about the letter box before which was same issue sadly I replaced it and well the issue has come back again. Cleaning does little for me basically I think only replacing it which would be extreme as the door is only months old.

Phil its not your letter box or your door or amazon thats the problem its how your interpreting these events & i think you surely know this, you need to get some help for your own sanity & peace of mind, you can’t keep worrying about germs like this. Could you settle with a good spray of antibac on the door, handle & letterbox, its really all any of us can do right now, might make you feel better that your being proactive. I hope you can find some peace in all this. Take care.

Phil, this literally could be the same thread you started last year, or the year before, or 15 years ago. I had to look at the date to make sure it was a current thread. What do you think you should do (and don't say to replace the door, because that fixes nothing) ? What do YOU think would be a good course of action here ?

Unfortunately he touched the bin then the letter box but like I know you can’t control what people do outside your door that’s the issue. I could clean the letter box but given a similar issue did happen last year with the old door I know I will worry about every item coming through letter box. To give you an idea how much of an issue it was I would pay extra and deliver items to the post office it avoid the letter box so yeah that’s where I’m at. I was still able to use dvds from the letter box but that was all..

But yes I’m glad I don’t have the dirty parcel I have a video door bell he fished the parcel out but still managed to write a note to say it was In my bin but the germs are on my neighbours letter box too as he chapped her door.

I could clean the letter box
    Yes, you could, using alcohol hand gel - which we know kills 'germs' dead, if its good enough for COVID its good enough for anything you think is on your letter box. The 'germs' will be gone, destroyed. Then, leave it and live with it, challenge the anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yes, you could, using alcohol hand gel - which we know kills 'germs' dead, if its good enough for COVID its good enough for anything you think is on your letter box. The 'germs' will be gone, destroyed. Then, leave it and live with it, challenge the anxiety.
    Yes for most people cleaning it would be logical and that solves the issue. I wish that helped what can I say I clean something when this happens it maybe helps 1% that’s all. My biggest issue has been only replacing or avoiding seems to ease the anxiety. I’ve heard all the exposure therapies I mean I know nobody can say anything else. Nobody replaces brand new door so in my view it has to stay dirty. I really wish cleaning made it all better it would really make things like this easier to deal with.

I concluded it maybe wasn’t the germs that worried me. It’s the tainted thing I think Terry picked up on it before. When something becomes tainted I deem it no longer fit for good use. My therapist at the time said I should tell myself it’s “functional or good enough” to avoid replacing. I just find it really hard people often said cleaning is a compulsion but I’m not at a stage where cleaning even helps.

If you say the germs are gone I believe that but for me the item is no longer good for use I wonder how I can over come that as thats the issue really. Most people will look at it and say clean it that’s the logical thing but I don’t think that’s really what’s going on. The only way I would rid myself of the fear is removed the door. I know from experience I know that’s not very practical though?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I know nobody can say anything else.
    EXACTLY! Nor should they! (Hint Hint!)

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information