Thread: Prospect of moving and feel lost

Prospect of moving and feel lost

Hi

I have the chance to move, logic tells me it would be a better place to live (the building, the environment outside is good too but so is where I already live), cheaper, etc, but it's 30 mins away and it just feels like another world. I don't know why I'm feeling so low and anxious. I have to give an answer soon, but I am so stressed I want to have the weekend to think about it. Unfortunately I don't think the person concerned will allow that.

I've got into such an anxious state that while I was talking on the phone earlier my temperature suddenly sky rocketed (don't worry I'm isolated and going nowhere), I just think my resistance has got so low.

Logic is saying one thing, benefits of it etc. Heart is saying, don't want to go, it's strange over there, the building isn't mine, I've suffered bereavement also in the past and I feel like moving away from my area is like another loss. I just don't feel strong enough for all this, but the most pressing problem is that I need to give an answer tomorrow and I can't. I think if I had the weekend to think I could just calm down and think more clearly, but I don't think I'll get that chance.

After my temp spiked like that I just decided I can't allow things to upset me this much and I've emailed the person, said I'm feeling poorly and that I can sign any forms on monday. There's no reply though and I expect they'll be calling me tomorrow. If I say I can't decide I will lose the property, I don't think I'll be given more time.

Not looking for any answers here, just feel so lost and down, change of any sort almost seems to make me leave my own body, lol. I've got ptsd by the way, but nothing about the move is related or linked to the traumatic event, it's more that I just can't seem to handle change anymore.

Thanks for any thoughts :-(

Re: Prospect of moving and feel lost

Hi there, I think you did the right thing emailing giving yourself that time. There is so many changes gone on in the world lately it's understandable your finding changes differcult. I hope your feeling abit better today?

Re: Prospect of moving and feel lost

I hear you on a move situation. My wife and I had been renting a townhouse the last ten years. The owner decided he wanted to sell. As much as we would have liked to have found a little bigger place, this was our home for the last ten years and my wife has made it that way It was much better not having to pack and move (especially at our age and with limited funds). The owner gave us a price $20K less than the going market price and paid all closing costs. Got the mortgage through my workplace and it's less than we were paying in rent. Yeah, we're responsible for all repairs now but we've taken care of the place and it's been maintained through the owners.

That said, had we had the funds? I would have done so in a second

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information