Hi everyone I am new here. I’ve dealt with health anxiety for over 10 years now. My main worries over the years have been, various cancers, heart disease, MS, Parkinson’s, Pheo, and ALS. My most prominent symptoms over the years have been

- random anxiety surges, impending doom
- body aches
- off balance
- malaise
- exhaustion
- muscle weakness (perceived)
- loss of coordination
- frequent urination
- loose bowels
- sweats

Approximately 5 years ago due to these daily symptoms I was obsessed with going to the DR. I got extensive blood tests, urine, chest X-rays, EKGs, Echocardiograms, etc. All my tests would come back normal but my symptoms wouldn’t go away so I was obsessed with getting an answer. I REFUSED to give in to accepting that this could be anxiety. These daily horrific symptoms had to be the result of something more sinister. My DR eventually got sick of my regular drop ins and sent me to a psychologist. I was put on 40 mg of Citalopram approx 3 years ago. Whether it helped or not I’m not sure. My symptoms continue’d although not as frequently. On an average month I had about 20 good or ok days, 5 bad days, and 5 terrible days.

Fast forward to 3 months ago. I have brought myself to quit Citalopram going down 10 mg per month until 3 weeks ago where I finally am done. My problem now is my symptoms are now significantly worse than when why is started visiting the Dr so often in the first place. I feel like I am right back where I began. Incredible daily fears of deathly diseases.

My main questions I guess are has anyone dealt with similar symptoms? Citalopram issues coming off? Logic tells me if it’s been 5 years and I’m still living and or not debilitated that I don’t have one of these terrible diseases but the symptoms feel soooo bad and real and I can’t get my mind from obsessing.