Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HIDA Scan tomorrow for possible Gallbladder issues

Re: HIDA Scan tomorrow for possible Gallbladder issues

I got a Doctor's appointment on Wednesday where hopefully they will test me for various vitamin/mineral deficiencies (iron, B12, folate, D3) and thyroid, help me get referred to a gastroenterologist, help me get started with some therapy, and maybe get me scheduled with a Gynecologist. Yeah, hopefully I get a full work up.

I'm just a whole bundle of worry because my nails seem to look much more pale than they did a few months ago, so whatever is making them pale is not resolved. They also seem to have much deeper vertical ridges. I also noticed my first gray hair ever today. I would really like to get to the bottom of this.20210503_144508.jpg

Kay so, got some bloodwork done, and my Thyroid, Kidneys, and Liver seem to be functioning normally. I don't have anemia either. The same cannot be said for my pancreas however. My lipase was at 354 U/L (reference range 7 to 60 U/L) which definitively points to pancreatitis and/or another pancreatic issue. Given that I have had burning back pain after eating for quite a few years and have yet to die from pancreatic cancer, I am preemptively diagnosing myself with chronic pancreatitis, although we will see what the GI doc says.

So chronic pancreatitis isn't great, and I am not super thrilled with this (I really don't like the idea of chronic pain), there is luckily a surgery to remove the pancreas and supplant Beta cells onto your liver to preserve some functioning while limiting pain, so that is an option. Maybe I can get that surgery? I'm a bit worried that that may increase my risk of multiple organ failure if I do go that route though.

Another thing that is pointing towards chronic pancreatitis for me is that all YouTube videos that I have watched of people with burning back pain prior to gallbladder removal retained that pain after surgery, and I know that two of these people later found out that this pain was the result of their pancreas. Hence, chronic pancreatitis is seeming more and more likely (which is better than pancreatic cancer but still not ideal).

I'll update you guys as now info arises. Right now I am self-diagnosing which is not a great thing but what else would I do with my free time, right?

So my parathyroid was checked because I had slightly elevated calcium in my blood but that came back normal. So no issues there either.

My GP has me on a liquid-only diet now because of the pancreas inflammation. Apparently anything solid will make the pancreas contract, so I'm living on watered down chicken broth, enshure, fruit juice, and gatorade currently. I'm probably going to lose weight (which is okay since I am overweight I guess).

Ok well it sounds like you’re going in the right direction. I bet that diet is tough, but as long as it helps you get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The diet is helping tremendously. I have been relatively pain-free and nausea-free for the past TWO days. It's been ages since I've had nearly no back pain (I still have some twinges but not nearly as bad as they were.

I'm in panic mode because apparently elevated calcium can cause pancreatitis, and elevated calcium is associated with malignant (stage 4) cancers. Now I'm worried that I might have some form of malignancy. Gosh, I hate my brain.

I’m glad that the diet is helping. Surely if you had something worse the diet wouldn’t make a difference? Clearly you have something going on but your doctor is following the procedure to work it out. When do you see them next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see my GP on the 19th for a women's check-up and I see a GI on June 1st for my back pain/pancreatitis.

Wow. I just read through your posts and there’s a few things I’d like to point out if I may.
    1 your incredible to go and get these tests done to get to the bottom of your pain with Your anxiety
    2 you seem very thorough and knowledgeable in your posts
    3 you scared the crap out of me with some of your results that you didn’t get that I’m worried I would get with my reoccurring stitch/stabbing pains around my ribs and back

I hope your next test is positive and gives you some answers ��

Thank you, Me180! I hope I get answers soon too!

Right now I'm hoping and praying my issues are due to an inflamed gallbladder + microlithalis and/or gallbladder sludge inflaming the pancreas. If that was the case, and simple cholecystectomy and a ERCP of the common bile duct would solve all of my issues. *crosses fingers*

Then I can get back to the regularly scheduled program of worrying about more lethal things, like Cancer.

I just want to be able to eat solid food again (without pain).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information