Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HIDA Scan tomorrow for possible Gallbladder issues

Re: HIDA Scan tomorrow for possible Gallbladder issues

Sorry you are going through this - keep us posted xxx

So, I'm sorry for the late response guys. The CT scan came back and nothing was wrong. They wanted to refer me to a gastroenterologist if the pain didn't go away, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of something that clearly isn't gallbladder related, nor related to anything that could be detected on a CT scan. I still have the pain though, off and on.

Now, I'm more worried about my weird nails, and other symptoms that I have been having. Namely, cold hands and feet, burning/tingling in hands and feet, nausea. I'm pretty sure I might have a nutrient deficiency/anemia due to a nutrient deficiency. That or some type of hormonal imbalance like Hypothyroidism. And a nutrient deficiency could result from malabsorption, which would relate back to the GI tract pain I've been having. Maybe I have undiagnosed celiac's? (I really don't want Kidney or Liver disease) That or my HA has moved on to other things and all my symptoms can be explained by my anxiety.

It's much cheaper to get a blood test for nutrient deficiencies, anemia, and hypothyroidism than it is to get a CT scan though, so I think it's reasonable to get these tests done, at least for my peace of mind.

Great that your ct scan was clear. You say you have h.a. how long have you had it?

I've had HA since 2014 after my sister passed away in a car accident and my dad was diagnosed with stage 4/terminal esophageal cancer. Yeah, it's been a long time. Sometimes it's manageable and I can function, and then it gets really bad. It doesn't help that sometimes I do have actual symptoms from a condition that I do have (PCOS). The hormonal fluctuations can really mess with my mind. That and I am pretty sure that the abdominal/back pain is real since it is present regardless of if I am having an anxiety episode or not.

Just wanted to follow up with what's been going on. My anxiety is still high. Today, I went for a 2 mile walk/jog, and I noticed that my hands/wrists were swollen afterwards. I know that this happens with exercise, but it still scares me when it happens. In general, my HA today is focused on my hands/fingers. Partly, because I woke up to pain in my nail-bed of my right pointer finger, and that pain was associated with an inflamed red color. Also realized that my hands feel really dry even when I moisturize them.

Luckily, I didn't have any abdominal pain today because I watched what I ate (only had some dumplings and some raspberries). But still worried about that too. I really don't think I am eating enough, but I am scared to set off pain and I also feel full really quickly/feel nauseous often/feel bloated, etc.

I noticed that for the past two/three weeks I keep waking up feeling malaise/sick/nauseous/like something was wrong, and I know it's probably anxiety but it still sucks. It sets the mood for the entire day, and I can't seem to escape it.

Guys, sorry, my anxiety flared up again. The back pain came back, but this time was accompanied by bloating and burping and indigestion that really tamped down my appetite. I haven't been eating a lot these past few days for fear of setting off the pain again/because I lost my appetite. Now my brain is going full catastrophe mode and is thinking that this loss of appetite means I have pancreatic cancer. Another symptom of pancreatic cancer is malaise and morning nausea, which I have been experiencing for the past month (though logic tells me that I have been experiencing this due to anxiety and not cancer but still). This might be tmi but the final symptom of note was dark colored urine, and I just realized that my urine looks like apple juice in the morning (logically, I know this is because urine is concentrated by antidieuretic hormone while you sleep, but still). Is it normal to have apple juice/amber/orange-ish colored urine in the morning?

On a happier not, I have officially graduated from college! And maintained my 4.0 gpa even though anxiety was being VERY distracting these last few years and months in particular. Yay! Now I just have to find a job! Ahhhh... It's so hard to think about life when all I can think of is that I feel like something is seriously wrong with me at any given moment...

Hey again. Just woke up with excruciating burning pain between my shoulder blades, similar to the one that I usually experience a little lower and to the right. This type of pain happened once before last summer, so although it is different from usual, it is not abnormal. I know that what set off the pain was eating a somewhat fatty food tonight when I was already in a pain flare. Still upsetting though; my bpm went up to 150. The pain lasted roughly 15 to 30 minutes before subsiding, leaving me with a sore feeling in my chest.

I'm incredibly worried that this may be pancreatic cancer though, even though I already had a abdominal CT that has an accuracy and sensitivity for pancreatic cancer of roughly 80%. Logically, I know that these pains I am having sound much more like gallbladder than anything, given their short durations (around 30 minutes per attack) and intermittent nature, but it's hard not to worry. Part of this is that I found some primary literature that said that pancreatic cancer patients often have intermittent pancreatic pain/pain that masquerades as recurrent acute pancreatitis years to months prior to their official diagnosis. It would be absolutely rotten luck to be diagnosed with cancer right out of college.

I think the worst part though is just how painful these back pain attacks are, painful enough that they wake me up from sleep and make me think that I would almost like to be dead instead of dealing with them. I really would like to get to the bottom of what is causing them. At this point, I'ld eat my hat if it was anything but either gallbladder or pancreas since the pain gets so intense. I know gallbladder was already ruled out by testing earlier, but it is possible to have issues without it showing up on those tests. I just want a solution so that I can return to a pain-free life where I can eat a full meal without feeling bloated and uncomfortable. I can barely eat 200 calories in one sitting at the moment, and over the past 3 to 4 months, I have lost 15 pounds.

So firstly, well done on graduating!
    It’s great that you have so many clear tests, but you have been through a lot.

A year or so after my Dad died I started to suffer from gastritis. Which is heartburn, reflux, upper stomach irritation etc. It flares up when I’m under a lot of stress. Could yours be something similar? I believe that the pains you are talking about are very common in gerd.

Have you taken any antacids at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But also yes, it could be gall bladder. My partner suffers with this and it seems excruciating. But I would have thought your scans would have shown gallstones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!! I am so happy I managed to graduate; I really thought that I wouldn't be able to. It is definitely a huge weight off my shoulders.

I don't know if gastritis can cause the type of back pain I feel... It is really quite severe when I have a flare, and will throb on and off for a few days afterwards. I get hardly any pain at all in my abdomen (it is mostly in my back), but when I do, it is a stabbing type pain on my right side below the ribs. If I press down on the right abdomen after a flare, I can make the associated back pain worse. The pain is not associated with heartburn or reflux for me (I have had that too and it feels quite different), just non-painful burping and a sense of fullness. The pain isn't really associated with stress either, it can come on when I am feeling fine as well. The pain does cause quite a bit of stress afterwards though.

I thought the tests would show gallstones too, hence why I am worried about pancreatitis now. But I have read that sometimes these tests don't catch any issues because your gallbladder can be inflamed without stones. You can also have very very tiny stones that aren't visible unless an endoscopy is performed. One lady lived ten years with constant worsening gallbladder pain before she got hers removed because they couldn't find any overt signs of stones. It got to the point where her entire right shoulder was numb. I have also read that although back pain is a less classic sign of gallbladder issues, it can happen. Here's an excerpt with someone with that pain: "When I had severe pain in my back between my shoulders---it was stones in my gallbladder that had to be removed."

If you don't mind me asking, what is your partner's gallbladder pain like? Where was the pain located? I know it can present differently for different people, but it would assuage my worries if their pain sounded similar to mine. Sorry if that is rude to ask; you don't have to answer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information