Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird tongue thing question - please read Fishmanpa!

Weird tongue thing question - please read Fishmanpa!

Hello guys,

I know I have been more present recently, it is because all kinds of stuff came up.

I just had comprehensive blood work done: metabolic panel, thyroid functions, vitamin B 12 , and Folate, CBC with differential. MY doctor has known me for many years, and he wanted to get everything checked, because he knows the way I am.

One of the things that happened recently that I had some bruising without real injury ( that I remember), and this weird tongue thing, where my left side is sort of sore, and I keep on biting it, almost as if my tongue grew! And it is not like I did not see my dentist recently: I had three dental appointments in the past year, one the last one maybe couple of months ago, or shorter. Everything fine.

My doctor on Wednesday also looked at my tongue, and inside the whole mouth, and he said that the flesh and skin look normal, and there is no sign of tongue inflammation, but there are new scallops and he said : "You are really biting it, aren't you"?

All my labs, thank dear God, came completely normal, including thyroid issues or lack of vitamins, which could potentially cause tongue problems. So I am really trying to relax, but the mere feeling of my tongue being sore on the left and just CONSTANTLY under my teeth, is driving me crazy, because I do not have an explanation for why this has RECENTLY started happening, all of a sudden! I did not have any teeth pulled recently. I do not know what to do. I looked today again, in the mirror, and it really does not look big or inflamed. But - there are new scallops on the left side, where I never had them.

What shall I do? Any suggestion, or piece of advice hugely appreciated.

Lana

Re: Weird tongue thing question - please read Fishmanpa!

Why don't you just PM him if your question is mainly for FMP?

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Ahh Lana... how can I not respond? Especially when you say please

Let me share a little worry I had last week. You know I had Head and Neck cancer. So, last week, the back of my tongue on the left side (same side as the cancer) was really sore. In addition my neck/throat felt kind of funny. There was period of time (a few hours) that I was concerned but being I don't have HA, I resigned myself to wait a day or two to see if it resolved. It did. The most likely explanation was I bit my tongue in my sleep and slept funny. I'm fine

You had a medical professional and scientific medical tests prove you're fine. Much more than I did The logical explanation has been given to you. As far as what to do? Accept it and look into real life help to help you manage these types of worries when they arise.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Why don't you just PM him if your question is mainly for FMP?
    Venusbluejeans,

I did not mean to say I did not want other people to offer advice - on the contrary! I am grateful for everyone's advice and comfort! I am very sorry if that was the impression I gave. I just wanted Fishmanpa TOO to reply, that is all.

Fishmanpa,

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

The only thing is - I do not know how to resolve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    Fishmanpa,

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

The only thing is - I do not know how to resolve this.
    Wait and see. See your doctor if it doesn't resolve. It's really that simple.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Unhappy Weird tongue issue, again, long post! Thank you for reading.

Hello , and I apologize because I know I am posting this for the probably third time. I also want to apologize to Fishmanpa ahead, because I even PMed him about this. But, this is constantly on my mind and do not know what to do next.
    So about month or little more ago, one day I noticed when I speak, I bite the left side of my tongue. It was weird, almost as if my tongue was making it harder for me to speak! At that time I had my annual check up with my doctor, and told him about this; he looked inside my mouth, and said that the tissue look all fine, except that I have " scallops" on the sides, which he said are due to biting and pushing my tongue against my teeth without being aware of it. He still added vitamin B, and thyroid tests to my CBC with Differential, but all of this came back normal.
    Then I saw my dentist, and he said that all my tissue is normal, and that the ridges along side my tongue are due to biting and "thrusting". I pointed at left side which I felt gets sore and little redder at one particular spot, but he insisted that everything looked normal. This was last week.
    However - instead of calming down, I worry a lot , keep on looking ( pulling and twisting tongue to see better), and I do feel that particular spot is in fact more red and sort of inflamed. It also start hurting at some point during the day. My tongue also started burning ( I know there is that symptom, I had that few years back), and my mouth gets dry, although I keep on drinking water throughout the day. The more I look into that spot, the more worried I get: why is it still on after almost 2 months? What is it?

My question: I have to go back to my dentist next Wednesday, for a new crown; do I ask about this again? Or shall I just drop it at this point? I do not know what to do, but it truly start hurting during the day, and it does look inflamed. Any piece of advice and comfort are more than welcome and appreciated, and again, I apologize for the long post.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Weird tongue issue, again, long post! Thank you for reading.

You can always bring it up since you'll be at the dentist already but eventually you need to drop it.

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Thank you NotDeadYet, I appreciate you replying to me.

I just do not know what it could possibly be this long ( most mild inflammations go away after days)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information