Thread: Panic attacks are back after years of not having them

Panic attacks are back after years of not having them

Hi guys,
    I have had the worst year of my life due to various things, and now I am having a lot of panic attacks again.
    As I haven’t had one in so long it is terrifying me I keep thinking that something so wrong with my heart or my lungs as I get shortness of breath too.
    So the last few weeks I have had very similar attacks of heart racing (even though I’m on a beta blocker) boiling hot, spaced out feeling, bad diarrhoea (sorry tmi), nausea this has been a pattern pretty much 1-2 a week always at night.
    However today I was in boots getting some bits and I felt like I couldn’t breathe (not sure if it was the mask that caused the sensation as I borrowed my sons and it was tighter then mine) I then felt really spaced out and dizzy and so I dropped my basket and ran out and somehow drove home.
    I got home and went straight upstairs to bed, I felt really short of breath although I didn’t have classic hyperventilating signs, really dizzy and only a slight racing heart ( I had not long took my beta blocker though)
    Has anyone experienced this sort of panic attack?? I am feeling a bit better, it keeps coming and going one minute I’m feeling ok and the next my breathing feels funny again.
    Thanks I’m advance xx

Re: Panic attacks are back after years of not having them

Try not to focus on a 'kind of panic attack'. They're all 'just' panic attacks.

You yourself mentioned having a terrible year, and that's why they have come back.

As you probably remember from before, they can and will come and go, with almost any symptom you can mention.

Focus on the recovery, not on the symptoms.

Thread Information