Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anxiety after having covid

Re: Anxiety after having covid

Thanks Pulisa. Just heard from the docs that ECG is normal as well as most of my bloods, but I do have 'a very mild abnormality' of ALP levels which could indicate a liver issue, however the doctor thinks that it is due to recovering from covid and wants to have a follow up appointment/ maybe another blood test in 2 weeks. Of course this sends me in a new anxious spiral but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I have heaps more energy now and chest pains have subsided. It's also my birthday today so I'm trying to not worry about it and have a good day!

Happy Birthday!! Try not to speculate about this very mild ALP elevation. Do you think the GP would be saying this if this really indicated a liver issue? Have a repeat blood test in 2 weeks and see how the level is then? Try to avoid googling because you'll end up with severe liver disease courtesy of the internet. Acknowledge the anxiety but it'll be much better for you to sit it out for those 2 weeks without catastrophising.

Have a great birthday evening!

Happy birthday!!! Hope you had a day full of your favorite things!

Thanks for the birthday wishes both of you! A very different birthday this year, but I had a nice day

Pulisa, you are absolutely right. In my rational mind I know that that is all true, it's just something the doctor wants to keep an eye on and is probably common in people who have had covid, just not everyone gets tested. Plus I actually feel really good at the moment (much more energy) - so I know that that wouldn't be the case if there was anything serious wrong!

Just have to battle with my anxious mind sometimes. I've had a lot of therapy and I know how to deal with it, but I just have to be really careful to keep focused on my rational thoughts as anxiety can so easily take over! So far, so good.

Well done. You've got this sussed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information