Good morning everyone. I’ve been logging on for a few days and I feel I’ve let myself down. It’s nice to see so many names of people who helped me in the past but I also feel sad I’m asking for help again when I’d been doing so well. I’ve had 3 years of worry free health and what few blips I had I managed to get through myself. However now my
health anxiety is back and I’m not sure if I’m posting in the right forum so apologies if I’m not.
im fair skinned and have many freckles and moles. This was the source of my first episodes of health anxiety when it first started years ago. I constantly thought I had skin cancer and was checked out numerous times as I ran to various health professionals. Then I’d move onto another health issue to worry about and so on. I guess I finally burnt myself out and my anxiety subsided and I’ve had 3 peaceful years. My problem now is I have lots of large light brown freckles, I’m guessing some call them sun or age spots. I’ve had one on my chest for at least 14 years but a week ago I noticed it looked like it had tiny blisters underneath it. I’ve also realised at 45 that I’m experiencing Perimenopausal symptoms, one being that I sometimes suffer from night sweats which cause me to itch. 2 weeks ago my whole chest and shoulders were so itchy, probably due to the excessive sweating, that I ended up with abit of a bumpy rash over my shoulder. It’s now gone but I’m wondering if this is what’s happened to my freckles or the anxiety in me tells me I’ve got the dreaded c word! In the past I would run to my GP but now I feel I’ve gone the other way and I avoid going. I usually give myself a month to see if my symptoms get better during then decide from there. Fortunately this has always worked and I think why my anxiety has been under control for years. Now I feel I’m worrying and feeling down because I keep looking at it thinking it’s never going to go away and I’ve now got cancer.when I feel calm I can talk myself down. My skin hasn’t been great lately, like I say, I’ve had sweats, itchy skin, my healing seems to be longer if I bruise etc and I’ve got dry skin patches on my face. Not sure if this is a classic symptom of Perimenopause or just a coincidence.
thankyou for reading my latest saga