Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back after 3 years and I feel I’ve let myself down

Re: Back after 3 years and I feel I’ve let myself down

I always say I only want to be referred if there is a clinical need and don't find CYA medicine helpful.

I hope you can get your mind put at rest this morning without the need for anything further. A simple assessment and "verdict" would be ideal and then you can get on with your life.

At least it's this morning so good luck and please let us know how you get on?

Thankyou Blueiris. If the Dr says everything is fine then I will leave it at that. Fortunately I do trust Drs so I won’t be looking for any further reassurance. I keep rehearsing my conversation in my head, starting with I feel really nervous etc etc. Hopefully they will be able to tell from looking at it, what it is. If they say they will refer I’ll be in the ceiling and probably cry 😭 thinking the worst!

Thankyou Pulisa. Finger crossed it is a quick assessment and then I can get on with things...until the next HA �� I keep thinking of many friends and work colleagues who have or are going through terrible diagnosis and treatments. I’ve thought to myself that if they can do it so can I and that I need to get a grip and just see the Dr. It’s strange how some people just aren’t focused on the what ifs or anxieties in life, my husband is like that. He just says what will be will be. I just stress!

I’ll report back as soon as I’ve been. Hopefully my appointment will be today, can’t cope with a sleepless night stressing about an appointment.

I hope it's today too..So much better not to have to wait. Fingers crossed it's a quiet day at the surgery!

So the Dr has rang me and we’ve had a chat. He asked for a photo which I can do as my camera isn’t working. However he asked me size colour etc and said he’s not worried it sounds like seborrhic kerratosis which is what I originally thought. I asked about removal or creams, he said not doing minor surgery and creams not very helpful. I do feel much better for speaking to him but I do wonder if a chat is enough rather than face to face appointment? I guess I’ll keep an eye on it ����*♀️

Maybe you can get someone else to take a photo of it and send it in to the surgery?

Just to confirm the seborrheic keratosis diagnosis.

"Keeping an eye on it" with HA is guaranteed to cause you anxiety and distress.

I just wanted to pop an end in my post as I know slot of people don’t always. The thing on my chest has completely gone. I’m not even sure why or how but it has. Not even a raised mark exists. Maybe I’d irritated it from the itching I’d had during an episode of hormonal night sweats ����*♀️ Thankyou to everyone reading and replying though x

OMG, I know I only closed this thread a few days ago but I’m on another panic. About 5 months ago I had a bit of dry skin on my cheek. I pulled it and it’s left me with a pink mark. It’s about 1cm isn’t raised, never bled, not scabby and doesn’t itch. I always moisturise but it’s not going away or healing. I know most people will think it’s possible for you to leave a mark permanently but I keep thinking about my father in law who 2 years ago had a sore on his face which did bleed and wouldn’t heal and had to have extensive 12 hour surgery to remove a metastatic melanoma. This is what I keep thinking about and can’t get it out of my head this could be similar. He fine by the way and is 73, apologies to trigger anyone reading.

my question is has anyone done anything similar?

Why are you thinking about this now? Why not a month ago when you had the other "lesion"?

I don’t know really. Probably because the other lesion was a freckle which changed and seemed more urgent. Focusing on that took my mind of this issue. Now that’s completely gone away I’m thinking about this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information