Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Afraid of getting cancer because of high stress levels

Re: Afraid of getting cancer because of high stress levels

Yes i will try to do that! Maybe i am a bit crazy to think it. But still, if someone smokes it is also a risk factor. And my stress could have been prevented by myself :( smoking can't.

Firstly NOBODY deserves an illness regardless of what they have done. Yes some people smoke, drink, eat, worry etc but the underlying reason for most of it is anxiety. And anxiety is in my opinion an illness like any other. You need to treat the anxiety and stop beating yourself up for behaviours that helped you to cope in the past. You do however need to replace the unhelpful behaviours with new helpful behaviours.

Yes I agree that nobody deserves an ilness. I mean smoking is really hard to quit, and me stressing over all these things is not. So i should have done that years ago in order to decrease the change of possibly having or getting breast cancer.

What do you mean by coping behaviours i had? The stress i had?

Yeah the negative behaviours as a result of your stress. My negative behaviour for example was checking symptoms and googling them on the internet.

I replaced those negative behaviours with positive ones and in time they have helped. Still fall off the wagon and the guys here kick me up the backside and I get back on.

Stress isnt an easy habit to break. Any habit is hard.

You really need to be kinder to yourself.

yes ik really need to i know. but i would totally blame myself if all the stress contributed to breastcancer (if i would get it in the future). but i know health anxiety is so hard to fix. wouldn't you blame yourself? or is that really nonsens for me to blame myself?

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinepas1982 View Post
    or is that really nonsens for me to blame myself?
    I'm a survivor of H&N cancer. It was caused by the HPV virus. I know darn well how I got it. Do I blame myself or regret it? Why would I? How was I to know some actions in my youth would lead to it? Aside from that, I partied hard in my youth, smoked, drank, ate crap like so many others. My heart issues in part were caused by that. I don't blame myself or beat myself up. No! I just made changes after the fact which accounts for me still being here (along with great medical care).

So yes, IMO... total nonsense to even speculate. To constantly worry about dying is not living.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 10-02-21 at 15:56.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hello, I am also having these problems. I've been to the doctor before, but it didn't help. Medication given was insufficient. I wanted to start exercising, but I was afraid that it might be harmful. Can someone with previous experience provide some insight. Is sports good. Or does it hurt.I would be very happy, if you contact me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information