Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news topic

Re: Good news topic

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    My snowdrops are all in flower now. A beautiful little plant but hard as nails.
    They're lovely.

Bought my mum 4 varieties of roses at Xmas and all are starting to shoot and grow leaves.

She loves roses. Great plant too as you can mix them up and get a very wide-ranging flowering season.

My GF plants hundreds of tulips. Some of ours are slowly growing. Last year she didn't get many coming up as the winter was so mild but ours look better this year so perhaps we've had enough hard frost to kickstart them?

It's going to be 6 degrees on Sunday afternoon in currently freezing Surrey..Phew,what a scorcher!

Sounds like a heatwave Pulisa!

Isn’t it nice seeing the daylight last a bit longer each day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 6 days out from my hysterectomy and recovering really well! After a year of worrying I've made it though and am looking forward to a healthy year ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I've also started learning Polish with the Duolingo app so I can speak to people in our local grocery shops. My BA was in languages, but that was twenty years ago now and picking up a new one again is making me ludicrously happy.
    I've heard good things about Duolingo. I've been meaning to teach myself German for over twenty years now, but have failed miserably. Where I live, Polish would be fantastic.

It's half-term next week, so no home schooling for a week!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    They're lovely.

Bought my mum 4 varieties of roses at Xmas and all are starting to shoot and grow leaves.

She loves roses. Great plant too as you can mix them up and get a very wide-ranging flowering season.

My GF plants hundreds of tulips. Some of ours are slowly growing. Last year she didn't get many coming up as the winter was so mild but ours look better this year so perhaps we've had enough hard frost to kickstart them?
    Terry we have a local church that has a snowdrop weekend in the middle of February each year, obviously not this one though. Their churchyard is a sea of snowdrops, thousands upon thousands, its quite a sight.

Tulips look lovely but I've never had much luck with them. They have to be planted deep don't they and like very well drained soil. Have you got a bulb planter? And I don't mean your GF Rather than using a trowel you just push the planter into the ground and it pulls the soil out. I wasn't convinced at first but wouldn't be without one now.

Yes roses are fairly trouble free, I've got a rambler that I'm training up over an arch. 'Lady of the Lake' its called, lots of single pale cream flowers. Also a bush Tea rose and a wild one.

Snowdrops, also known as Candlemas Bells.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Terry we have a local church that has a snowdrop weekend in the middle of February each year, obviously not this one though. Their churchyard is a sea of snowdrops, thousands upon thousands, its quite a sight.

Tulips look lovely but I've never had much luck with them. They have to be planted deep don't they and like very well drained soil. Have you got a bulb planter? And I don't mean your GF Rather than using a trowel you just push the planter into the ground and it pulls the soil out. I wasn't convinced at first but wouldn't be without one now.

Yes roses are fairly trouble free, I've got a rambler that I'm training up over an arch. 'Lady of the Lake' its called, lots of single pale cream flowers. Also a bush Tea rose and a wild one.
    According to my dad well drained soil but not deep, just under.

I know the kind of tool you mean. We haven't got one of those but we have got a dipper like a metal spatula. We don't plant many bulbs or dad hasn't planted from seed for a long time. We sometimes get some plugs but otherwise get plants small unless it's for a gift.

That churchyard must be very beautiful when they are all out. A nice place to sit if only the weather was better.

Let’s see, good news...I finally got to see my baby brother for Christmas (baby is used loosely lol, he is my youngest brother, still 35 years old ). He caught Covid three days before Christmas so was unable to travel up from Texas at the time. So he was here this weekend and we finally got to celebrate together.

He got out of Kansas just in the nick of time too...our high temperatures this week aren’t supposed to get over 10F. Saturday will be our coldest in years...high of 3F and lows of -17F. And we have snow on the ground so it’s even worse lol. So ready for spring!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information