Thread: Symptoms are mostly gone, but still anxious abot the future.

Symptoms are mostly gone, but still anxious abot the future.

Remember my whole urinary saga in the last third of 2020 when I peed pink, had UTI symptoms and was convinced I had cancer? Fast forward months later and my symptoms are mostly gone. There are occasions where sometimes I feel like they're starting up again, but as soon as they come they subside. I haven't had any more blood or blinding back and groin pain, but I'm still a little anxious...mostly because I got new insurance and I'm going to be going to the Dr for a checkup and physical soon, and I'm worried that my decision to not get a CAT scan is going to bite me in the ass :(

Re: Symptoms are mostly gone, but still anxious abot the future.

I am always sure that whatever medical test I’m having will show something terrible. It’s part of having health anxiety. I wish someone would invent a magic cure for all of us.

Until then, pamper yourself. You made the best decision you could at the time and that’s all anyone can do.

I get blood in my underwear and on the toilet paper and cant figure out where it’s coming from. My urologist deals with this by having me come in every six months to check my urine. He seems to think that’s a decent interval to catch something scary before it gets out of control. So, I don’t think you waiting a few months would mean much IF something was going on.

My bet is that you’re just fine.
    Best,
    Debbie

Is it possible that stress can bring about urinary symptoms or exacterbate problems if I have a kidney stone? I notice my symptoms came back a little bit when my nana passed away (even though she'd been sick for a while and it was expected) it was mostly lower abdominal discomfort and occasional urge to go. Also admittedly my diet for the past week hasn't been that great.

I am a mess of urinary symptoms. They are very real symptoms. Urge to go, frequency, night time frequency, foamy urine. I sound like a clinical case for something terrible, honestly. That said, I just rounded out a 24 hour urine test, and expect the results soon, but the dipstick tests are negative for anything suspicious. I am actually not expecting the 24 hour urine test to either, but I can tell you stress is playing a role in this for me.

Symptoms can certainly be real without it being deadly, or even explainable. My doctor is flustered right now. Foamy urine isn't in my head, it is in the toilet bowl. It pays to investigate REAL symptoms, but it does not pay to go seeking the symptoms out. But even when you do investigate them, they are not always sinister answers.

I say that, but I am literally on the way back to the lab with my disgusting jug of urine collected over the last 24 hours, and can tell you, I am a bit nervous. Tests do that to us, as CptDebbie pointed out.

Check out embedded infections, Dr Bundrick in US or Prof Malone-lee in UK . They both have a body of work on how bacteria can embed in the bladder lining that causes inflammation and is undetectable by urine culture. Might be relevant to OP if symptoms persist
    Last edited by Lissa101; 23-02-21 at 21:54. Reason: Spelling

Thread Information