I'm really sorry for the graphic subject line!

I've been unwell since September 2017 with exactly the same symptoms as a panic attack, except it was so bad I couldn't stand for long and the symptoms lasted several months at a point where I couldn't work.

The symptoms are still there on and off, and I've also been diagnosed with POTS, despite the cardiologist not being very knowledgeable and also doctors not knowing what are causing the ongoing symptoms of yawning, nausea, light-headedness and the gastro symptoms.

A few months after it started I spotted a bit of blood in my stool, and I had a faecal calprotectin test which came back at 350. I was sent for an urgent colonoscopy which took place three weeks later, and came back as apparently normal. They did find some diveeticular disease (I'm only 37) and an abnormality on my terminal ilieum (it looked like long bits hanging down). They thought it may have been inflammation but they did around 16 biopsies of my large bowel including some of the abnormality and they all came back normal.

Since them I've had a gastroscopy, a pillcam, and a second colonoscopy. All were apparently normal. They even did biopsies again on the abnormality in my terminal ilieum and that again came back normal. Two calprotectin results were then normal and then I had another one at about 140 which I was told not to worry about. However I worry in case something was missed, or the physical signs of it internally had gone by the time I'd had the colonoscopies. I was told on the first one that I had a small internal pile and a small anal tear, which may explain why the blood I see is typically just on the very last part and is normally very minor.

I have had many other symptoms such as the pain, low B12, low potassium, etc. But been told it's possible to have those with IBS as well.

I also get lots of mouth ulcers to the point where I don't really have more than a few days without a new one coming up. Recently whilst I had a mouth ulcer I got another calprotectin in case that showed anything but it came back as under 30.

I've been assured by two gastroenterologists that I don't have IBD but with the symptoms it's so hard not to get it out of my head.

I tend to go to the toilet once every other day. I know some people with IBD go multiple times a day, but then also know everyone is unique and some people are even constipated with it. I've also noticed that a lot of my stools are floaty, and/or smell of bleach. I've had my faecal elastase checked and this was normal, and also had an upper MRI scan a few weeks ago which was also normal.

I go through stages of have fairly loose stools and then a phase of normal solid ones. I know that some people have this and the pain with IBS but I'm so worried and can't shake the IBD fear.

I've been told that amitriptyline can be very helpful with IBS, and read so many success stories of it with other people and how it changed their lives, but equally I don't want to just take something that may potentially mask an issue or a problem like IBD that requires proper treatment.