Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tea Suggestions?

Tea Suggestions?

I love hot tea, especially in the evenings. So I try to stick to caffeine free options. I’m also not the worlds greatest sleeper. I tend to self medicate with Benadryl because it knocks me out, but doing that long term carries it’s own separate issues lol.

I was just curious what your favorite relaxing teas are? I have tried Sleepytime Tea which is basically chamomile. Right now I’m having a Lipton blend that’s cinnamon, chamomile, and lavender. It’s pretty good! Any other favorites? And do you do anything extra to your tea? Like milk or honey or anything? I’m pretty new to the tea thing so I don’t even know if I’m preparing it right

Re: Tea Suggestions?

Celestial berry and hibiscus. With some lemon and honey it it.

Ooh that sounds amazing. Thanks AV!

I used to drink chamomile before bed. It certainly needs some honey as it's a strong taste. The trouble is it nerds to be the right honey or it can end up very sickly sweet.

I keep meaning to shift over to green tea. I'm cosy conscious though so it will probably be loose bags and add some honey to take the edge off.

I've been drinking puerh tea for a while now. Loose tea off eBay. I just add a little honey. I've found since reducing my sugar intake over the past 2 years I like a more bitter taste anyway.

There are some nice combos of puerh too. Plum is nice as is a rum spiced one. Earl Grey has a kind of zesty tang too it so at first you might think you're drinking some sort of washing up liquid but it does grow on you. There wasn't much difference in price between flavoured varieties and without.

I don't drink enough to justify a yixing tea pot though.

Mao Feng loose green tea is lovely. 3 mins maximum infusion otherwise it can become bitter. I buy mine in 100g bags.

I like Earl Grey leaf tea as well..but that's not a bedtime drink really. Definitely an afternoon treat for me!

Terry and Pulisa - thanks!! I’ve never done loose leaf tea before - but I think I have a cup meant for that, it has a little steel basket that sits on the top but immersed in the hot water below. I may have to get a couple blends to try!!

I don’t mind Matcha tea but I cheat and put honey in it.

Yorkshire, or PG. I drink about 15 cups of tea a day

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I try to drink Pure Leaf hot Chai Tea / an exotic recipe combining a full-bodied mix of Kenyan and Ceylon black teas when I can .. if you get the ones from Dunkin Donuts or K_Cup Mix, beware; they are loaded with phosphates :(

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Terry and Pulisa - thanks!! I’ve never done loose leaf tea before - but I think I have a cup meant for that, it has a little steel basket that sits on the top but immersed in the hot water below. I may have to get a couple blends to try!!
    Green tea shouldn't be made with boiling water.Let the water cool for a minute or so after boiling..The secret to the sweetness is down to the water temperature!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information