Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tea Suggestions?

Re: Tea Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Green tea shouldn't be made with boiling water.Let the water cool for a minute or so after boiling..The secret to the sweetness is down to the water temperature!
    ok that’s actually super helpful, I thought all tea had to be made with crazy hot water. So this is really good to know!!! I have some tea bags that are green tea. So I may try this new method tonight and see if I notice a difference in flavor!! Thanks Pulisa!

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel73 View Post
    I try to drink Pure Leaf hot Chai Tea / an exotic recipe combining a full-bodied mix of Kenyan and Ceylon black teas when I can .. if you get the ones from Dunkin Donuts or K_Cup Mix, beware; they are loaded with phosphates :(
    i forgot chai tea! I have not been successful making my own, but I have a couple local coffee shops that I do enjoy it from!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I don’t mind Matcha tea but I cheat and put honey in it.
    I drown all my tea in honey Lola. I think that’s why I feel like I’m doing it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Yorkshire, or PG. I drink about 15 cups of tea a day
    What is PG, wired? Is that a brand name or a name of a tea?

Yep, depends on the tea. With puerh you clean the leaves with the first pour then tip the water away and pour again over the leaves.

Doesn't need long to brew though. The longer the stronger. I once left it in for 5 minutes and didn't realise how much stronger it would be. I was a bit wired for a while.

Making proper leaf tea is a fine art but the improvement in flavour is worth the hassle! I always filter my water too because I live in a very hard water area.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    What is PG, wired? Is that a brand name or a name of a tea?
    Don't you have PG Tips in Scotland?

Ps. Fun fact, my youngest nephew was born in Scotland accidentally and he's now Scottish and gets free University

Edit: I've just woken up. I read your name as Glasgow girl even though I know it's not. Sorry lol.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Don't you have PG Tips in Scotland?

Ps. Fun fact, my youngest nephew was born in Scotland accidentally and he's now Scottish and gets free University

Edit: I've just woken up. I read your name as Glasgow girl even though I know it's not. Sorry lol.

Hahaha no worries! I would love to visit Scotland someday, post-Covid of course!!

For me....

PG Decaf, chamomile and honey.

I used to drink green tea, don't know why I stopped tbh.

I also used to have a teashop and can recommend Earl Grey in the summer. Assam for a good traditional cuppa.

The most expensive tea on our menu was Lapsang Souchong, which I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    For me....
    PG Decaf, chamomile and honey.

I used to drink green tea, don't know why I stopped tbh.

I also used to have a teashop and can recommend Earl Grey in the summer. Assam for a good traditional cuppa. x
    MrsC, do you find Earl Grey zesty? I always just drank a typical PG Tips black tea before so trying other things has opened up how different they can be. I soon got used to it but the first few cups I thought I had a squeeze of lemon cleaner in mine

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information