Thread: Stomach / back pain, predominantly left side

Stomach / back pain, predominantly left side

Had stomach pain going through into my back for over a month, lots of bloating. Pain is really all over but predominantly my left hand side feels left someone is pulling and pushing
    my intestines sometimes very sharp pain. Do not have diarrhoea but stools most times soft with no blood or mucus. I have been treated in hospital for acid reflux for many years
    with many different ppi's. I am currently trying expensive probiotics liquid form, don't seem to be helping though. I have tried not to think to much about it
    and put it to the back of my mind but its sending my anxiety through the roof :(
    I managed to see a nurse at my GPs but she didn't seem interested just prodded my stomach and said it maybe IBS try these mebeverine which also have not helped
    You can't see a doctor for love nor money with this covid19 about and all they keep saying at the moment is about mind health and well being so important
    It's so hard to put it out of your mind when you are in constant pain. Does it sound like IBS? or just my anxiety playing tricks?

Male 50 years old btw

Re: Stomach / back pain, predominantly left side

It could be your anxiety playing tricks and it could be IBS. In the absence of any red flag symptoms it is unlikely to be anything serious. However I think it’s not right that your concerns should be brushed off by the medical professionals. If you are worried you should insist on seeing your GP.

Thanks for the reassurance jojo2316 just speaking to people on here makes you feel better because they understand what your going through.

Quote Originally Posted by Bings View Post
    You can't see a doctor for love nor money
    Shocking isn't it! Been in hiding for nearly a year now.

Mebeverine didn't do anything for me. Try peppermint capsules, colpermin are good.

Good luck

Cheers Matt will do

Update: Been to doctors this morning for blood test, blood pressure, heart rate, weight, height. Just waiting on a scan on my stomach.

Pain is bad in the mornings wakes me up.

Thread Information