Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this drug make you sleepy?

Does this drug make you sleepy?

My psychiatrist has decided to include another medication to my list: Quetiapine. He said 50mg at night and 50mg in morning.

The last time I remember having these I'm sure they KO'ed me in an instant and I didn't like how it knocked me out like that.

I am really nervous about taking this because of my past experience.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Does this drug make you sleepy?

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    My psychiatrist has decided to include another medication to my list: Quetiapine. He said 50mg at night and 50mg in morning.
    Is this in addition to promazine, or instead of, James? If in addition did he say why he was prescribing it?

The last time I remember having these I'm sure they KO'ed me in an instant and I didn't like how it knocked me out like that.
    It is sedating. Usually not as sedating as promazine, but it can turn the lights off fairly quickly if you're not used to it, or similar meds. That said, 50mg is a small dose and your brain has been acclimatised to meds with a strong antihistamine action so there's a good chance it will have a much milder impact than the last time. Maybe take the first dose and hour or two before your regular bedtime to see what effect it has.

i love my quetiapine it has very little side effects well im practally stoned all morning but hey there worse things they they are a short time meds so they dont last all day ive been on mine for nearly 11 years

I forgot about this post. I haven't actually got them yet. They'll be there Wednesday. I'll take them and see if they help.

@PDU I've got to take it with the promazine. The reason is for increased panic attacks. They're quite deliberating at times recently and he wants to see if they'll help. Once hospitals start to function normally I'll have an outpatient appointment with him to discuss moving forward.

@mumof4 LOL! A free morning high, I'll take that

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    strong antihistamine action
    Isn't this related to itching? I have terrible itching when I have my regular "running out" of promazine.

☪️️

@PDU I've got to take it with the promazine. The reason is for increased panic attacks. They're quite deliberating at times recently and he wants to see if they'll help. Once hospitals start to function normally I'll have an outpatient appointment with him to discuss moving forward.
    Well I guess you won't be having too many PAs if you're perpetually sedated into the land of Nod. Are you still taking an AD, paroxetine?, if memory serves? If so, at what dose?

Isn't this related to itching? I have terrible itching when I have my regular "running out" of promazine.
    Yes, it can be a rebound withdrawal symptom when tapering off potent antihistamines like promazine.

Are you still taking an AD, paroxetine?
    That's right mate yes. Same dose 40mg daily.

☪️️

That's right mate yes. Same dose 40mg daily.
    If quetiapine either fails to control the panic attacks, or becomes too sedating ask your GP to increase the paroxetine dose, James. It's a better bet, imo. The maximum dose for panic disorder is 60mg immediate-release, or 75mg controlled/extended/slow-release.

If quetiapine either fails to control the panic attacks, or becomes too sedating ask your GP to increase the paroxetine dose, James. It's a better bet, imo. The maximum dose for panic disorder is 60mg immediate-release, or 75mg controlled/extended/slow-release.
    It's taken this long for them to actually get them to me! Taking first today. Apparently 25mg has no noted uses

I'm on 40mg of the paroxetine.

First dose about to be dropped.

☪️️

Apparently 25mg has no noted uses
    Except as the starting dose. Makes me wonder how much they do in fact prescribe to start?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information