Thread: Newbie saying hello - GAD & HA

Newbie saying hello - GAD & HA

Hello

I am a new member and long time lurker. I have GAD and HA, currently on sertraline (only 50mg) and been through several counsellors.

Unfortunately at the moment I don't feel at all in control of my HA and am feeling very tired and beaten down by it. I just don't feel like I can cope at all.

I currently having wet/tingly/burning sensations in my legs and a very strange sensation in one of my toes (like there is hair caught around it). These feelings have been coming and going for almost a week. Last month it was pelvic pain and I was convinced I had ovarian cancer but this passed. I also have a huge fear of going to the doctors and being judged by them and then being sent for tests etc. This is probably partly because for approx 3 years nobody would listen to me about my concerns over my son and then he was eventually diagnosed with neuro degeneration - so I am both scared and mistrustful of medical professionals.

I'm really hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel and I won't feel like this forever.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Notlikely and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Newbie saying hello - GAD & HA

Welcome to NMP Firstly.. there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry you're struggling to cope with your GAD & HA. Yes, I completely understand your fear(s) re medical professionals. Me, personally, I've been through countless therapists and it was only recently I've (finally) found a lady that can work with me, Admittedly; I'm quite difficult to understand. Don't get discouraged as it can take a long time to find someone that is a good fit for you. I also have been told more times that I can recall that everything is 'in my (vivid) imagination' ... ignore it an move on as quick as possible. I'm on state assistance and have little to no 'say-so', so I have to work with whom I'm assigned to. Its hard, but not impossible. Take care and I hope you find support both online here and irl

Thread Information