Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stung By Brexit

Stung By Brexit

Of all people to be stung by a Brexit issue it had to be me. Placed an order for some music production stuff and it's been stuck in: Herne-Boernig, Germany. The reason:

The package is delayed due to a Brexit related disruption. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible.
    Anybody else had delivery issues from outside of the UK coming in?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Stung By Brexit

I sometimes buy Elephant Parade ornaments for my mum and if there aren't any good ones on EBay I go to the source in Denmark. I gave it a miss at Xmas just in case with no Brexit deal even in sight days before. Otherwise it used to take about a week to 10 days from Denmark.

Other than that my occasional international orders are US and China. US can be here in a week so you've got to wonder about the Brexit issue, even more so when you consider how getting things from places like Italy before could take ages.

Are you going to get hammered on duty & VAT, James?

https://youtu.be/Atku5LWhjog

I'd like to know how this tw*t managed to slip out the back door!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Are you going to get hammered on duty & VAT, James?
    Thankfully no.

The place I ordered from has made me angry tbh. It's a UK store, they said they had stock. Then I found out the stock is in their German place. Had I have known that I wouldn't have ordered from there.

Sounds like drop shipping to me.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    https://youtu.be/Atku5LWhjog

I'd like to know how this tw*t managed to slip out the back door!!!!!
    Now that is cool!

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Thankfully no.

The place I ordered from has made me angry tbh. It's a UK store, they said they had stock. Then I found out the stock is in their German place. Had I have known that I wouldn't have ordered from there.

DV247 are terrible. Always have been, even under new ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    DV247 are terrible. Always have been, even under new ownership.
    Yeah this sucks. I won't be using them again.

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Thankfully no.

Yeah, that always annoys me. It's why on Amazon I read some of the reviews for signs it's really coming from China and won't turn up when they say.

Nature of the world that you can often make it, store it, ship it, etc from the other side of the planet for less, and sometimes quicker, than in another part of the UK. But we should at least be aware and decide to purchase.

Glad you at least haven't been hit by taxes like some are.

What I find most ironic is the talk of some UK-based supermarket chains pulling out of mainland Europe, whereas pre-Brexit there were fears of the opposite, stores like Aldi, Lidl, etc possibly pulling out of the UK, which I guess could still happen in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    What I find most ironic is the talk of some UK-based supermarket chains pulling out of mainland Europe, whereas pre-Brexit there were fears of the opposite, stores like Aldi, Lidl, etc possibly pulling out of the UK, which I guess could still happen in due course.
    UK food suppliers should stop selling meat and fish to overseas customers and start selling it here. A lot of our own produced food is exported out for high sales, and imported elsewhere for less.

☪️️

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information