Thread: Lightning crotch

Lightning crotch

Not as exciting as it sounds, I'm afraid!
    I keep getting a shooting pain down there which only lasts a matter of seconds but it's like an electric shock and it really hurts.
    I remember having this when pregnant, but I am definitely not pregnant right now. I do have some back pain and hip pain, though, so I am wondering if it's a pinched nerve?? Starting to get a bit worried now and I can't go to the GP as I am shielding due to being a carer.
    Thanks!

Re: Lightning crotch

You're going to pull in the views with that title...It caught my attention

I think you are right. Some sort of twinge like that sounds like a nerve or muscular. Nerve would be my bet with it being a shooting pain. I get similar in a few different places and have done for years.

Ever since having anxiety I've found I get more nerve twinges and I've often wondered about whether the connection is the sensitized CNS we seem to have. I certainly get more twinges in periods where anxiety is worse.

As a man you also get them in the groin anyway from time to time. Maybe women do too?

So if it's like when you lean on your elbow and get a shooting pain due to pinching a nerve it's likely the same.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 10-02-21 at 11:50. Reason: Typo

Loving your title lol.

I would agree with Terry. I get those on occasion as well.

Sorry - didn't mean to have such a tabloidy headline! Apparently that's what people call it.
    Good to hear I am not alone. It is so intense it literally stops me in my tracks but then it's over within seconds.
    It has just been happening more frequently recently which got me worried it's a tumour encroaching on a nerve...is that ridiculous??

Sorry - didn't mean to have such a tabloidy headline! Apparently that's what people call it.<br>Good to hear I am not alone. It is so intense it literally stops me in my tracks but then it's over within seconds.<br>It has just been happening more frequently recently which got me worried it's a tumour encroaching on a nerve...is that ridiculous??

I remember having that when pregnant too, and it’s a possible ovulation thing too.

I think if it continues for more than a few days then it’s worth maybe getting your wee dipped to rule out an infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhha, I so remember this when I was pregnant the oddest thing ever ! Yes, I've had it happen a few times when not pregnant, and what I've related it to is cycling (that doesn't happen often, seldom) and bad posture on stools, with my feet up and pressing down on 'the area', ya know THE AREA. Then the next day, I get a few of these odd occcurrences.

So, what you are all saying is I'm either pregnant or ovulating???

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Ahhhha, I so remember this when I was pregnant the oddest thing ever ! Yes, I've had it happen a few times when not pregnant, and what I've related it to is cycling (that doesn't happen often, seldom) and bad posture on stools, with my feet up and pressing down on 'the area', ya know THE AREA. Then the next day, I get a few of these odd occcurrences.
    No idea.

So, what you are all saying is I'm either pregnant or ovulating???
    No idea on those two, BUT, you could have been cycling or adopting the wrong 'position' that puts pressure on the nerves in 'said area' (that area you don't know about LOL)
    Last edited by Carys; 11-02-21 at 11:01.

Thread Information