Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Als worry going out of my mind

Re: Als worry going out of my mind

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart1984 View Post
    I’m a little confused the 4th line down says slurred speech is the first sign and that is what I think I have ?
    Braveheart... Respectfully.... I know you're new to the forum but I've been around for many years and have replied to pages of this fear. Not one person in all that time had ALS or MND. Not. One! You "think" you have slurred speech. Slurred speech due to ALS is caused by your tongue not working and actually failing. It wouldn't be sporadic or here and there. It would be all the time. People would notice. The same would be if it were any other part of your body. The muscle stops working. Think it as your Wifi going out. No matter how many times you try to navigate the web, nothing happens.

You have a friend who was recently diagnosed (sorry to hear about that) and that is the trigger to your anxiety spiral. You've engaged in classic HA behavior, self testing, consulted Dr. Google and most of all, you're posting on an anxiety website looking for reassurance. That link is all the reassurance you need. It's up to you to accept it and look at treating the real issue here.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sorry I meant no offence I was just a bit confused , I have just had a hour zoom meeting with my old anxiety councillor and have some things to try out to help me with the anxiety , thanks for the reply tho , very much appreciated

No offense taken at all. I just happen to have seen so many in the ALS rabbit hole. There have been many members that have joined ALS forums and post there only to be told the same thing. Most get banned as their HA becomes apparent. You did the right thing speaking with your counselor. Better to nip this in the bud rather than allow it to consume you.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information