Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm having more daily panic attacks

I'm having more daily panic attacks

It's quite unpleasant atm and writing this is helping me ... I hope. But recently I've been having more daily panic attacks.

I'm on my same medications. Nothing has really changed.

Just today my stomach hurt. I went to poop and I could feel it passing through. While on the toilet I had a panic attack because of this. I'm quite anxious of the bathroom in general. I can't stay in a bath longer than 10 minutes because I'll have a panic attack.

If I feel the need to poop I get anxious.

Since today's toilet issue I've been stick in a panic state. My heartrate is up, I feel like I can't move in fear it will make my heartbeat faster. Usually I can control it and I'm able to get my heartrate down and relax. But today I relax to get it down then bam, it's like another wave of it hits.

I got a desert dry mouth.

My partner has music on loud downstairs while she cleans. It's fast music. I don't like fast music as it can make me feel more anxious so I have a cartoon on in my headphones.

I have these cold feelings in my butt area when I have these waves and they're at their peak. It can make me feel tingly and completely out of control of what is going on in my body.

I've got electricians coming out today to do a 4 hour electrical test on all the sockets. And my brother is coming around later to drop some things off. I think this is adding to my anxiety if I'm honest.

But the way these attacks can make you feel completely terrified scares me and it feeds this circle. How can the anxiety experience I had just be anxiety?

My heartrate is down from 155bpm to 109 bpm just from typing this. It's so horrible when you try to ignore it but you can feel it in your chest.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: I'm having more daily panic attacks

This happens to me sometimes.

I think it's a culmination of multiple layers of stress building up.

The clue here is another post of yours complaining about loud air fresheners. That's an alarm bell, right?

I also think you have a habit of taking on too much when you feel a bit better about things in general. I used to do the same.

Just ride it out. You know it'll pass, it just sucks whilst it's here. It WILL pass, because it always does.

Cancel stuff that you can for a day or two, and just have less 'stuff' to deal with. Even if it's just somebody dropping something off, it's still a mental commitment.

Yes Joe I think you're right there. I like writing these because during the attack my head realizes what's happening and by the end of the post I'm usually ok. A distraction of the mind maybe. The air freshener post, lol. It could mean in general I'm more alert and anxious to noises. It's not the air freshener, its my state of mind.

I'm meant to be taking Quetiapine as of Monday but I don't want to keep adding meds to the stack. It feels counter productive. I will be having one to one sessions with physiatrist once they're able to function properly again so I'm hoping the therapy will help a lot.

I also think you have a habit of taking on too much when you feel a bit better about things in general. I used to do the same.
    Yes mate, this too. If things are simple in my brain there's no problem. Once it feels like a spaghettis mess of thoughts that's when I start going off balance with MH. I'll go through stages of taking a day or two away from the computer and I end up with a clear head. Quite quickly the mess in my head builds up.

A big part of anxiety today is "how does my home look and smell" when people come around. I end up going OCD. My mom is like this, her home is like a show home that's not lived in. I'm not that bad, parts still need decorating but the mental stress of prepping and doing the OCD cleaning is awful too.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I've been saying this for years (and I know you know it too), but the modern obsession with being busy and the idea that multi tasking is a desirable trait is just BS. We are NOT designed to work this way. We are designed for short, sharp stress. Moments of intense anxiety, then hours of fire gazing. We are designed to sleep when it's dark, fvck like rabbits until we no longer can, eat when food is around and NOT fill the day with tasks and activities.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I've been saying this for years (and I know you know it too), but the modern obsession with being busy and the idea that multi tasking is a desirable trait is just BS. We are NOT designed to work this way. We are designed for short, sharp stress. Moments of intense anxiety, then hours of fire gazing. We are designed to sleep when it's dark, fvck like rabbits until we no longer can, eat when food is around and NOT fill the day with tasks and activities.
    You're right, we're not meant to work this way. And inevitably it's only myself that creates the mess I'm in. I would love a real log fire to gaze into. I had one of those patio fires that have a tube coming out of them. You load them with logs. I'd sit in the garden until early AM in the summer watching the fire burn. Small things like that make me happy.

I need to get back to meditation and fasting once a week. I've got a month of it in April and I can't smoke tobacco either so I'm going to use that time to quit. And looking forward to cooking some new cuisines.

The electric people have gone and I'm now calm and relaxed. That was definitely a big trigger. One of the lads was 18 and he seen my PC setup with the audio gear and was blown away. I used to have your pic in my Documents and I wanted to show him as he seemed interested in audio but couldn't find one :(

☪️️

Don't forget to keep an eye on the other stuff too. Diet, exercise (not too intense), DIET, smoking, drinking, DIET etc.

Oh, don't forget to keep an eye on what you eat.....

People shouldn't be coming round to your house though. It's illegal during Covid. It's the best excuse for keeping people away.

Such a stressful day in general. Feel tired, and agitated. Left me with a headache and feeling off. Hope I'm not coming down with anything

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    This happens to me sometimes.

I think it's a culmination of multiple layers of stress building up.
    That's it exactly. It's a stressful time right now, and we aren't really even aware of the amount of stress we're under until physical symptoms pop up.

For us anxiety folk I think our brain is like a maze. We get lost in our mind which makes thoughts feel claustrophobic. Having no control over that is scary. Another bad day for me thus far. I may be stuck in this cycle from waking because towards the night time I tend to relax.

I've had thousands of these in my lifetime, they can still shake your core at times.

☪️️

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information