Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm having more daily panic attacks

Re: I'm having more daily panic attacks

Ah I think I found the problem.

Dentist gave me co-codimol for my tooth pain. I was using it for about 2 months but the nerve is dead and no longer need to take them. I gave the rest my wife for her back pain as she's prescribed it anyway. My friend noted that it sounds like codine withdrawal. Then I realized I had been taking co-codimol and I'm now at around the 72 hours peak range.

Re: dentist, I had a second opinion and this time I said I was paying. The other dentist said they could crown it and it can be saved. So I went back to my dentist and said I was told privately I could crown it. She said on NHS they can do emergency extractions. I've got another thread on this, but it's silly right?

Anyone know if that's against the law btw?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Just went out for a walk pushing a pushchair and a baby. Anxiety almost got me just as I was half way from home. Was refreshing. I think I need more of that.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Good for you, James.

I'm dealing with the opposite--depression. I just feel like lying around doing nothing. :/

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Good for you, James.

I'm dealing with the opposite--depression. I just feel like lying around doing nothing. :/
    I went out for another walk to clock up 2000 steps. Thought I was going to die half way though. Lets felt like jelly, heart beating fast, convinced I was going to vomit. I got back and I was starving, after eating I felt good again. Think I need to ensure I do some daily walking. Sitting around doing nothing is not good for long periods.

Sorry to hear you're dealing with depression Antsy. It's swings and roundabouts isn't it? Some weeks depression hits me like hitting a brick wall, other times it's anxiety, and other times it's a mix of both. My depression is ok, but you know how it goes with the ups, comes the downs.

But I can attest to feeling tired and not wanting to do anything. It's part of the reason I've had to force myself up.

When I feel low like that I succumb and try to relax and deal with my thoughts. I'm still in "relax" mode. Which I feel might be dangerous to dwell there too long because it starts to affect mental and physical health.

I may be wrong, but a bit of what Joe said could be relevant. We're not made to deal with the stressors of life. Learning how to deal with those before they become problems might be a key.

Hydrate, and eat some food. Try to remember the things you enjoy. That can be tough with depression because what we usually enjoy is no longer satisfying. Nothing is unfortunately.

I feel like many creative types channel their energies into creative endeavors. But I really wish more people where open an honest about life. Especially those in the lime light.

Steven Fry's own documentaries on dealing with depression were enlightening to me.

I feel less alone when I know others have been there. If I'm depressed I'll watch people's stories on depression. If I'm anxious a lot I'll watch people having panic attacks because most of the time I think "wow, at least I am not that dramatic" ... but some hide it well like many of us here. When I'm having a panic attack the last thing I want is somebody to notice and ask "are you ok?" ... that would put the panic attack into worse overdrive ha ha.

I hope you start to feel better soon Antsy.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 13-02-21 at 20:46.

☪️️

There are so many mainstream comedians out there who use humour and the adrenaline rush of celebrity as self-medication for their MH issues.

And then you've got the z-listers with "bipolar" cured by 5 days in rehab and a magazine spread.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    There are so many mainstream comedians out there who use humour and the adrenaline rush of celebrity as self-medication for their MH issues.

And then you've got the z-listers with "bipolar" cured by 5 days in rehab and a magazine spread.
    Yes lol! My partner buys those ladies magazines and I read them on the loo sometimes. I often see articles about mental health. There was one on anxiety and panic attacks. The author of the article clearly had no experience with a panic attack because the article was describing normal situations as problems. For example, feeling nervous before an interview, or a speech, is apparently not natural and if you experience those symptoms you're having a panic attack.

I don't know if those define anxiety, but my definition is most definitely much worse than that

I guess anxiety are relative to the person in how they're defined as sever, or minor.

I'm willing to bet a lot of these celebs have drug related issues going on too.

☪️️

I'm having panic attacks in my dreams causing me to wake up in a panic. Very vivid dreams too.

I had a dream I flew on a holiday to Jamaica. Our apparent 5 star hotel was an ABNB house share with a family. The area and people were not welcoming, and racist towards me. While in this dream setting I was having panic attacks. I was also going to sleep in my dream, and waking up in my dream in a panic attack. Inception? I'd then wake up in IRL afterwards in state of panic. The people were not hospitable or hygienic and made me feel bad for refusing food items - some of which included chicken beaks. I had no money while on this holiday. I was completely reliant on the "all inclusive" part of the holiday. You was lucky if you got breakfast let alone dinner or lunch.

I left after a day and went back home. I had a feeling of failure that I didn't see it through for 2 weeks.

Woke up drenched in sweat 3 times IRL.

☪️️

I'm about to breakdown. I can't deal with this. I've had no sleep. I had no panic from 11pm until I fell asleep around 7am. I managed an hour then woke up just with a rapid heartrate in an instant panic attack. I needed the toilet urgent. Everything all came out at once. I put fast heart rate, diarrhea and nausea down to a heart attack and convinced I'm dying. My head was telling me "these are 3 warning signs".

****ing horrible. I'm sorry to swear but there is no words to describe these at the moment.

My partner is in a horrible mood with me because I asked her if I can put a cartoon on to help me relax. Apparently she's sick of it. There was some murder documentary on and the talk of death and murder was making this panic attack worse. I don't even make it known to her I am having panic attacks. And I don't like arguments or negativity it just makes my mental health so much worse.

I've got a horrible headache.

There is no escape from this at the moment. I feel like I'm going insane. I'm so close to breaking down from this.

☪️️

My brothers kids went home. We had 5 kids in the house over the weekend. They're in our bubble anyway, but holy cow that was tough. I'm relaxed and no panic attacks.

Whoever said to cancel my plans earlier in the post was spot on. Think it was Pulisa.

At least it wasn't a heart attack all those times ... it's painfully obvious to me now that I was in a desperate state of panic due to the stressful situation I put myself under. At the time though, it doesn't feel that way.

All jokes are welcomed ...

☪️️

I'm sorry you went through that James. I've had those panic attacks where you wonder if you're having a heart attack. I've even been to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack only to find out it was just a panic attack.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information