Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm having more daily panic attacks

Re: I'm having more daily panic attacks

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    My brothers kids went home. We had 5 kids in the house over the weekend. They're in our bubble anyway, but holy cow that was tough. I'm relaxed and no panic attacks.

Whoever said to cancel my plans earlier in the post was spot on. Think it was Pulisa.

At least it wasn't a heart attack all those times ... it's painfully obvious to me now that I was in a desperate state of panic due to the stressful situation I put myself under. At the time though, it doesn't feel that way.

All jokes are welcomed ...

Burst your "bubble", James? That's not what a bubble is about.

Hi, just wanted to say I have bathroom and bath anxiety too. Along with many other stuff. But what really helps me is using the colour calming technique.
    Just start with a colour, i.e. Red and look around for 4 things in red. Then blue, black, white and so on.
    The movement of your head and concentration takes you away from the panicking. Hope this helps.

Definitely a new way of looking at colour therapy! That's a very helpful suggestion, Carnation.

I might have a problem in my retro avocado bathroom though!!

Hope you had a better night, James.

Nothing wrong with avocado, it's supposed to be very good for you! My mum and dad had an avocado bathroom suite. It goes very well with brown accessories. ��

The idea with the colour distraction is to look for small details on items. Maybe the pattern on the toothpaste or bubble bath. The colours on your toothbrush. The harder the task the more beneficiary it is.

Yes I can certainly see the benefit in that type of distraction.

I'm hoping that avocado will be the "in" colour again...That's my excuse for not wanting to replace it anyway!

I'll have to try that distraction Carnation, thank you! I can get in the bath as happy as Larry, but as soon as I begin to relax it's off to the races. I count my steps when walking outside, that's a great distraction from the side effects of agoraphobia. I still have to walk by walls though.

And yes Pulisa I had a much better night, and woke up refreshed. A little jittery here and there but a couple more days and I'll be back to normal.

I have diarrhea though. Second day in a row. I ate KFC last night, night before I don't think I ate much because of the anxiety and loss of appetite. I'm not letting it bother me. My stomach still feels dicky so it's likely a bug, or a medication issue (or even subconscious anxiety). Doctor has put me on quitapine because my anxiety in general was on the up. I haven't started taking them yet though. Scared incase they knock me out like they did before. It was like getting socked in the side of the head I went down that fast.

Oh and I ran out of promazine Sunday. I get it delivered today though. Can you believe Pulisa after all this time, and all the frustrating rants I've had with them about this promzine issue, they still will only give it me weekly. This alone causes me to miss at least 1 day. Every week I go through this. That wasn't the cause for my anxiety though as I ran out Sunday and had anxiety before that. Probably didn't help.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 16-02-21 at 16:02.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Literally a minute after posting this the medication van turned up. He dropped it on doorstep and legged it. Taken took my liquid dose immediately and now the stomach cramping has gone. And I'm incredibly hungry. I say this all the time, but when they eventually take me off promazine, valium and now quetiapine I fear that pain. What a s**t show

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

It was the promazine. This mornings toilet was normal. I had no panic on the toilet either.

I did have 3 panic attack dreams though. All 3 dreams were exactly the same. In the dreams I was trying to run to, and away, from something but I was moving very slowly. Woke up all 3 times in a panic state, but dropped straight back to sleep.

I woke up this morning because in my dream I shouted my partners name, but it shouted out loud. My partner was like "wtf why did you do that". I don't know ha ha.

I also had dreams within dreams and my brother appeared in my dream and said "You need to escape, you're in an inception"

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I'll have to try that distraction Carnation, thank you! I can get in the bath as happy as Larry, but as soon as I begin to relax it's off to the races. I count my steps when walking outside, that's a great distraction from the side effects of agoraphobia. I still have to walk by walls though.

And yes Pulisa I had a much better night, and woke up refreshed. A little jittery here and there but a couple more days and I'll be back to normal.

I have diarrhea though. Second day in a row. I ate KFC last night, night before I don't think I ate much because of the anxiety and loss of appetite. I'm not letting it bother me. My stomach still feels dicky so it's likely a bug, or a medication issue (or even subconscious anxiety). Doctor has put me on quitapine because my anxiety in general was on the up. I haven't started taking them yet though. Scared incase they knock me out like they did before. It was like getting socked in the side of the head I went down that fast.

Oh and I ran out of promazine Sunday. I get it delivered today though. Can you believe Pulisa after all this time, and all the frustrating rants I've had with them about this promzine issue, they still will only give it me weekly. This alone causes me to miss at least 1 day. Every week I go through this. That wasn't the cause for my anxiety though as I ran out Sunday and had anxiety before that. Probably didn't help.

Hopefully the new psychiatrist will knock the promazine on the head and replace it with quetiapine anyway. It'll be a lot easier and you'll have a continuous supply without all this weekly nonsense

I think that's what he's planning Pulisa. For now I've got to take them both but I expect him to pull me off the promazine.

☪️️

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information