Thread: Persistent ear and throat ache, cough - Has anyone else had these symptoms?

Unhappy Persistent ear and throat ache, cough - Has anyone else had these symptoms?

Hello everyone!

In the past 6 months, I've been having an on-and-off throat ache at the right side of my throat, which radiates to the right side of my tongue and my right ear. I also have a weird, dry cough wih it that tickles my lungs and throat. I haven't been able to see a doctor with it yet, and it's driving me crazy.

Sometimes it goes away for weeks, only for it to return with the same symptoms. I rarely go outside, because of the virus, so I don't think it's an infection.

Is there anyone who mignt have an idea what could it be? I fear the big C, of course, but I'm a 25-year-old female, and I've never drunk or smoked. Has anyone here had the same symptoms?

Help me, please, I'm very scared!

Re: Persistent ear and throat ache, cough - Has anyone else had these symptoms?

In my opinion post nasal drip can cause all of those symptoms. I struggled with that until I figured out what it was. Basically can cause fluid in ears, dripping down back of throat, triggering a cough...I use a nasal spray once a day, in the morning - I use Flonase. It’s solved it for me. Not a doc so I can’t say for sure that’s what is going on with you. But it sounds similar to what I’ve dealt with in the past.

Re: Persistent ear and throat ache, cough - Has anyone else had these symptoms?

Thank you for the advice, I'll look into it! I do have post nasal drip all the time, maybe that's what causes my symptoms too.

Thread Information