Thread: Breast Biopsy

Breast Biopsy

I have been trying so hard to overcome my fear of doctors. I went for a mammogram on Monday and I received a letter for a follow up mammogram, which was today. It turns out I have to have a biopsy on Tuesday and I am so scared. They found calcification that had grown just a tiny bit since my last one (18 months ago) and they just want to be sure it isn't anything. The doctor said he thinks it will come back benign, but wants to be on the safe side. He said it's 75% likely to be nothing and if anything it would be a pre-cancer, not even a cancer.
    My health anxiety is through the roof and now I have to wait until Tuesday for the text and another 3-5 days for the results. Has anyone been through this?

breast microcalcifications

Has anyone here had a breast biopsy for microcalcifications. I have severe anxiety and my appointment is tomorrow. The radiologist said there is a good chance they are benign, but as I'm sure you know when you are in the moment of panic, good chances don't mean anything. Has anyone experienced this?

Re: breast microcalcifications

If the radiologist says there is a good chance they are benign, there is a good chance they are benign. In my experience radiologists do not try to give false hope. I have had a number of breast biopsies- three fine needle and one core biopsy. All turned out to be benign- even the one the radiologist had no reassuring words for!

Re: Breast Biopsy

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had a biopsy in 2016 in my right breast for calcifications, benign. I know it's scary as I worry quite a bit about breast changes and pain. In perimenopause apparently it's common. I wish I could offer more comfort or give you a hug. I now also have them in my left breast. There will be constant changes over our lifetime it appears....at least for some of us and most changes are the normal phases of life.
    Last edited by erincassells; 16-02-21 at 03:34.

Thank you everyone. I was reading your responses in the waiting room and it really did help me feel more at ease, so thank you again. The entire team was so kind and even asked me trivia questions to keep my mind off the procedure, which didn't hurt at all. I will get my results in 3-5 days, hopefully they are benign. I am going to try very hard to focus on the positive and that is, if it is something they feel it would be caught in the earliest stages. They feel it has a 90% chance or higher of being benign.

Best of luck- those are great odds. The waiting will be hard.... but the worry will fade as soon as you get the all clear

Thread Information