Thread: Bowel cancer

Bowel cancer

I'd really appreciate some advice. A week and a half a go I had a chocolate and creamy pudding one night. Closely after I had a very loose bowel, not than unusual for me as I have a sensitive stomach at times.

Anyway for a few days after I had diarrhoea or loose bowels. Recently I've had normal stools too but still the odd loose one. As such its still not back to normal.

I usually go to the loo twice a day and this has remained the same throughout this, with some days being a bit more. Like today I had a normal bm am , then two loose ones this evening.

I'm trying to be very careful with what I eat. My diet is usually pretty bad!

I also feel my stomach is upset, particularly last two days on and off all day, feels like 'poo pain '.

Of course I'm so anxious its bowel cancer!

I'm 45 female and two years ago I had a clear sigmoidoscopy, similar symptoms though feels worse now.

Would appreciate any sane thoughts with my crazy mind right now. I'm scared to go to GP as hate the test cycle, but can't rationally decide if I need to!

Thank you for reading 🙂

Re: Bowel cancer

So your diet is usually pretty bad, you've recently been trying to eat better and things have been a little out of whack? Cause and effect? Look into the FODMAP diet and keep a journal of what you're eating. I think you'll find a direct correlation.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Bowel cancer

Thank you for your reply. Apologies my post was confusing. I ate overall good food but then eat a lot of bad stuff on top and I'm very overweight (not ok I know!)

It is only since I had the diarrhoea that I've cut down a lot as I'm so nervous about what I eat

I will check out fodmap.

Thread Information