Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: as good as it gets!

as good as it gets!

although i have been posting on here i havent posted about myself in a while as i found i was posting about a good day then having 2 bad ones i felt i was failing myself. but now im gonna turn my life around
    when i first got ill 4 years ago it was severe and i was hospitalised i lost every thing my partner my kids my home, i got myself togerther and tolerated life but when the depression came back 2 years ago i recognised the symptoms and got help i was not gonna hit the bottom again.the panic was bad and i had days when i couldnt get out of bed i went on medication which makes my life copable but when i joined the site i was very unstable up one min down the next now i have decided i dont want this life im going to change it.
    in the last month i have been out every day, despite the panic somedays i only got to the end of my street but i was out, i have spoken to my sons about the way they feel about being passed around relatives and have found they both feel they had a better life this way. that was a huge relief as i did think they hated me for the way i am. they said they think of my attacks as quirks and eccentricities.
    i now see them every day after school and although i walk down the hill i get a taxi back as getting out of breath starts my panics (avoidance yes but im working on that) i now go every week with them both to asda even though it means i spend hours before hand squirting rescue remedy like a mad woman , i refuse to have a panic in front of my kids
    im going to accept that if this is as good as it gets then i can live with it, i will stay on my medication and hopefully work towards coming off it, but for now i need to accept myself for what i am before i can expect any one else to. i shall keep you posted as to how im going but hopefully this will be all good. this is the first day of the rest of my life and im gonna live it........

fan x

Hooray!

You've been amazing Fan. The way you have dealt with everything deserves a round of applause. [8D]

Good luck with your adventure.

Regards,

Blue

hi FAN,

You have been making so much progress so a big well done!!

As you say, the onlt way to overcome this is by facing your fears and you are doing exactly that. Keep up the good work!! We are here if you need us.

Sarah

Well done Fan!

Keep up the positive attitude. Once you have stop fearing the fear, you will never look back.
    Take care and good luck

Jude x

Hi Fan

What an inspiring post! If you can be so positive we all can.
    Enjoy every minute of the rest of your life.

Take care

Elaine x

Hi Fan

Just want to say a big WELL DONE for looking fear in the face.
    Your positive thinking and attatude WILL get you where you
    want to be in the end and that is feeling better.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Believe it is possible to solve your problem.
    Tremendous things happen to the believer.
    So believe the answer will come. IT WILL.

Well done Fan - thats all brilliant progress.

From where you were you're doing fabulously.

Get to the point where you're comfortable with these steps and feel you're standing on a plateau - then take the next steps .

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Well done Fan. You are doing so well. This positive attitude and your determination will allow you to successfully overcome this.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

thanks every body for the posts...... i think that i have resigned myself to the fact that i wont ever be the person i was before all this but maybe being through it might make me a better person anyway and so im just going to learn to live with myself as i am now

fan x

done well i have been out every day this week and although i have had the panic i have distracted myself enough to keep going til it passed, i have arranged to go to the job centre to register which means they will give me my £11 per week back that they took off my benefit even if i dont get a job, (the doc doesnt advise it yet) and i went to see the lady in the charity shop and from next week will be spending 2 afternoons folding clothes as a volunteer. im gonna have to do it in rubber gloves as i have a terrible germ phobia but it will keep ,me busy and hopefully going forwards

fan x

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information