Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is a new one. Bat under toilet seat?

Re: This is a new one. Bat under toilet seat?

It was not a bat - please move on

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Oh come on please.

A bat hid under your toilet seat to bite you?

No way.
    My point exactly. That said, this is probably THE most irrational and fantastical bat/rabies post I've seen since I've been on the boards. If the OP cannot comprehend the complete and total ridiculous irrationality of this post, there's no use even trying to reassure him

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I guess we need to understand where the fear has come from to conjure up such a scenario

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    My point exactly. That said, this is probably THE most irrational and fantastical bat/rabies post I've seen since I've been on the boards. If the OP cannot comprehend the complete and total ridiculous irrationality of this post, there's no use even trying to reassure him

Positive thoughts
    I mean, in my defense, I did acknowledge that I hoped that it was an irrational thought, and I am aware that the entire scenario is something that would require an extremely unlikely series of events. The feeling of being bitten was extremely real and painful however.

I'm hardly sitting here thinking a bat intentionally waited for me under a toilet seat just to attack me. I was afraid that it had looked for shelter there after becoming disorientated. Just natural small animal behavior. As bats here are quite tiny, I was scared I had disturbed one and then flushed it away.

I get that it's probably going to be pretty entertaining/frustrating for anybody reading my post, but I needed to write it out of my system. I'm fine with being called irrational, because I know this is an "out there" situation. I accept that what I'm saying is seriously unlikely. I can certainly comprehend that it is ridiculous.

What would reassure me would be knowing a tiny 1 inch bat can't get through the extractor fan system in my bathroom, because that's a logical fact that I can use to talk sense into myself.

People with irrational fears are unfortunately all too aware of their fantastical nature, which adds to the mental strain of experiencing one, because you feel like you are going to be "that unlucky person". Naturally, you seek small logical details that you can focus on to assuage the fear.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I guess we need to understand where the fear has come from to conjure up such a scenario
    It hit me out of the blue because of real actual pain that felt like a genuine bite. I worked with animals for a long time in my 20's, so I know how bites feel. The thought it could be a bat only hit me after I had left the bathroom. It snowballed after that because I was terrified I had flushed the "possible bat" away so had no way of reassuring myself. With no visual confirmation of anything, I'm only left with "what if" scenarios

WRaptor.... With respect, it's not even extremely unlikely, it's not in the realm of reality. It's pure fantasy to the utmost degree. Sorry... that's just the reality of this. It beats a drop of saliva from a rabid bat falling from a tree and into the mouth of someone who was walking home at night (which was an actual post/fear here!).

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I remember when I was younger I was always worried a snake was going to come up out of the toilet and bite me.

It never happened.

I really think you’re safe to put this one to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I remember when I was younger I was always worried a snake was going to come up out of the toilet and bite me.

It never happened.

I really think you’re safe to put this one to rest.

I had a huge Python in my bathroom scared the crap out of me I wanted to kill it but my dad said no.

A bat under a dunny seat?the bats here are big suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I had a huge Python in my bathroom scared the crap out of me I wanted to kill it but my dad said no.

A bat under a dunny seat?the bats here are big suckers.
    Sounds scary. Snakes are pretty cool though.

Bats here are tiny. I wish they were huge and obvious so my brain wouldn't play tricks with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    WRaptor.... With respect, it's not even extremely unlikely, it's not in the realm of reality. It's pure fantasy to the utmost degree. Sorry... that's just the reality of this. It beats a drop of saliva from a rabid bat falling from a tree and into the mouth of someone who was walking home at night (which was an actual post/fear here!).

FMP
    Glad I could be top of a leaderboard for something haha. I wouldn't have guessed that would be in fantasy scenarios, but hey, hopefully it's something I can laugh at when I look back at this.

I'm still terrified that a tiny, sick bat wiggled through the extractor fan and found refuge under the toilet seat, bit me, and got flushed away, and there's no way I can prove it did/didn't happen. I have to try and let the thought go. For some reason, this conviction is extremely strong. Enough to give me nightmares all night and make me sick to the stomach. My boyfriend tried to reassure me that there are probably meshes in place inside a fan/vent system that stops small animals crawling through. I'm trying to focus on that while I let the fear pass.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information