Thread: Could all this be anxiety???

Could all this be anxiety???

Hi
    I would appreciate if someone could give me their opinion. I have anxiety but over the last 3 weeks I am getting symptoms that I don't normally associate with it.
    It came on suddenly. I noticed a twinge in my right side then an ache under my ribs on the right. This would come and go. While trying to find a reason for it I thought I may be a bit constipated (sorry!). Then I started to get indigestion. Burping and a warm feeling in my chest. This would happen throughout the day and even first thing on waking when I hadn't eaten anything. My stomach was gurgling a lot. I am bloated after meals. Along with the ache in my right side and dull pain under ribs I also have cramps all over my abdomen. Now I am eating very little and still getting a really tight tummy. I am also getting nausea. These symptoms come and go but I am feeling miserable. I have seen the GP who took bloods and referred me for an abdominal ultrasound. I am so scared now.
    I thought maybe IBS but do you get nausea and indigestion with this?
    Any thoughts on these symptoms would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Could all this be anxiety???

Hi, it sounds like your Drs on the case and making sure you get all checked out which is absolutely the right thing and means nothing will be missed.
    I'm not a Dr so I don't know what it could be. Anxiety itself definiately causes gastro issues but it's always best to get checked out as we can also get things like reflux or tummy bugs too. Reflux can cause indigestion and pains but I don't know about all the things you mention.
    I know it's so hard when you're waiting for tests and results but at the same time try to remember that we panic heads tend to catastrophise and often what is wrong is something simple/remediable. Really hope these symptoms get better for you soon!

Thread Information