Thread: Vaccine guilt

Vaccine guilt

I saw on the news that our local Walmart would now be offering the vaccine to those under 65 with various chronic illnesses. One of them was asthma so I asked the reporter (on her Twitter) for more details and satisfied I qualified, signed up. But turns out it was a mistake.....Walmart was NOT supposed to open it up to the next group yet. The state said they would not accept any additional appointments but would honor the ones already made. I felt great relief when I thought it was my turn cause America especially Florida does not care about covid and has insisted I return to work at the nations largest university in person. I’m 43 with manageable asthma and a rare genetic illness which requires me to have dozens of precancerous growths removed from various organs twice a year. Now I’m very behind on this due to covid and would be very relieved to be vaccinated and able to go have my colonoscopy and endoscopy and thyroid biopsy to keep the cancer out of my body. I do hate my scopes but know they’re the only thing keeping me healthy. But even with my reasons I also know there are still lots of people at higher risk than I am. And when I learned I only got an appointment because of a mistake, it just felt wrong. But my family says I’m overthinking it and just need to get it while I can. And they point out that giving it up might mean a wasted dose rather than a worthier patient. So if you read my ramblings, do you think my anxiety for social acceptance is making me feel like this or it actually is wrong and I should cancel in the hopes that someone who is supposed to get it does? Thanks for any advice. I’m going to go drown my self inflicted whiny sorrow in some ice cream.

Re: Vaccine guilt

Just go and get it and don't feel guilty.

One dose for one person really isn't that big a deal.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Please have it done tomorrow and make the most of this opportunity? You've done nothing wrong and deserve to get your jab.

Sounds like you more than deserve it.
    Please don’t feel guilt, that’s your anxiety taking over.

I do think that if people are offered it then they should get it.

Let us know how you get on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much everyone! I’d only talked to my mom about it and think she might have been biased. 😅 But feel a lot better after reading your responses. I have my appt at 6:20am tomorrow and will report back. Time to set my alarm for the obscene 5:15 am. Thank you again and hope you all have a great night!

It will be well worth the early start. Hope all goes ahead as planned and let us know how you got on?

Thread Information