Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Palpable Lymph Node in Neck - How normal is this?

Re: Palpable Lymph Node in Neck - How normal is this?

Leave it alone. You’ve gotten quite a bit of reassurance already from FMP and he’s definitely the one to listen to on this subject. If it gets big enough to where you need to worry about it, you’ll know without even having to touch it. Best to just put it out of your mind and focus on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Leave it alone. You’ve gotten quite a bit of reassurance already from FMP and he’s definitely the one to listen to on this subject. If it gets big enough to where you need to worry about it, you’ll know without even having to touch it. Best to just put it out of your mind and focus on something else.
    Thanks. I guess it hasn’t really changed much since I first found it four weeks ago. Maybe swelled a bit due to constant poking. Seriously wish I never found it

I have some on my neck groin and underneath my armpits. I have a post on them if you want to check it out. They have been there for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Angiee74 View Post
    I have some on my neck groin and underneath my armpits. I have a post on them if you want to check it out. They have been there for years

Do mine sound normal sized? Kind of like a bean? Two doctors I've seen have told me they are normal sized and I may have never noticed them if I weren't poking around my neck.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmc223 View Post
    Do mine sound normal sized? Kind of like a bean? Two doctors I've seen have told me they are normal sized and I may have never noticed them if I weren't poking around my neck.
    You answered your own question.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by tsmc223 View Post
    Yes they do . Mine have gotten big and go down. I’ve had multiple ultrasounds,bloodwork and XRay. All is normal according to multiple doctors. So please don’t let this consume you. I got to the point I would feel my family’s body for lymph nodes and guess what I found some on them as well. It seems to be a common thing

Thank you for your response. Yeah, my doctor even said there were normal sized and didn't even send for tests. I guess that's good cause if they were concerned, either of them would've sent for tests.

Also - yes, I've been trying to not let it consume me. After two days of not touching and poking it - I spiraled again and poked at it for hours - but yesterday was my birthday so I didn't poke it at all and I'm trying to not poke at it again!

I definitely think my poking and prodding made it swell since I did it everyday for WEEKS. I definitely noticed its more noticeable and defined than when I first found it. I really want to let this go fully.

Happy Birthday!!! mine did the same thing . When my doctor said they all looked okay I stopped touching them and the got smaller so I am proof . I know it’s scary but I’ve had mine for almost 6 year or more . I feel great

Angiee74,

Thank you! Also that's really good to hear. Today is day 4(?) of me not touching it! My crazy self is like why is it still there, but I guess if it IS swollen, it takes a bit of time to go down. I definitely feel that my extreme and constant poking at it made it worse.

Did you feel sometimes you could see it when you turned your head a certain way? I feel like when I turn my head a lot to the left, I can see it barely barely poking out but my anxiety may also be playing a role and skewing my perception. But, I will say it hasn't grown in size since I found it but I may have swelled it by poking at it. And honestly it could've been there way before this!

BUMPING this again - but question for you all who have palpable lymph nodes.

Were you able to SEE yours if you turned your head a certain way. Cause if I tilt my head all the way to the left, I feel like I can see it a very very tiny bit although I'm sure if a non-anxious person were to look, they wouldn't see it but its cause I know exactly where it is. Anyway is this normal?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information