Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Palpable Lymph Node in Neck - How normal is this?

Re: Palpable Lymph Node in Neck - How normal is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL--3UsmGFQ something that really helped me

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Then why even post here? You ask for help. I gave you a direct link here in the States to get it. Shit or get off the pot dude!

FMP
    I’m sorry. I dont mean to sound annoying. I just feel helpless and I don’t know how convinced I am that poking and messing with lymph nodes causes them to swell.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmc223 View Post
    I’m sorry. I dont mean to sound annoying. I just feel helpless and I don’t know how convinced I am that poking and messing with lymph nodes causes them to swell.
    Please use the contacts in the link I provided and get real life professional help. You can find real life help in your area.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I haven’t bothered reading the rest of the replies because it’s 3am here but I just wanted to stop by and say...

Pressing, prodding, poking and otherwise messing with your lymph nodes will definitely cause them to swell and/or feel sore. Don’t do it.

I have permanently “scarred” lymph nodes in my neck only on the right hand side from a bad case of Glandular Fever when I was 16, and there are two in particular that are actually noticeable to the naked eye when I move my neck a certain way because they have never really gone back to normal. I’ve gone through stages where I’ve worried about them and I’ve even had blood tests during a particularly worrisome stage but I’m 34 now and have had to accept that they will always be there and if I prod them they will feel sore. They grow when I’m unwell and return to their new normal size when I’m well again, they even swell when I’m run down sometimes!

You’ve been told by your dr that there is nothing to worry about. At some point you have to trust the doctors and try to move on and like you said, you probably wouldn’t have even found it if you weren’t looking for something new. Imagine if you’d never been prodding your neck in the first place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fizzymoon86 View Post
    I haven’t bothered reading the rest of the replies because it’s 3am here but I just wanted to stop by and say...

Pressing, prodding, poking and otherwise messing with your lymph nodes will definitely cause them to swell and/or feel sore. Don’t do it.

I have permanently “scarred” lymph nodes in my neck only on the right hand side from a bad case of Glandular Fever when I was 16, and there are two in particular that are actually noticeable to the naked eye when I move my neck a certain way because they have never really gone back to normal. I’ve gone through stages where I’ve worried about them and I’ve even had blood tests during a particularly worrisome stage but I’m 34 now and have had to accept that they will always be there and if I prod them they will feel sore. They grow when I’m unwell and return to their new normal size when I’m well again, they even swell when I’m run down sometimes!

You’ve been told by your dr that there is nothing to worry about. At some point you have to trust the doctors and try to move on and like you said, you probably wouldn’t have even found it if you weren’t looking for something new. Imagine if you’d never been prodding your neck in the first place!

I am trying my best at not poking it but I keep failing and keep falling right back into the habit. I hate this :(

I guess I should trust my doctor but I am so afraid of it growing. Maybe it's been there for all I know. I don't even know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmc223 View Post
    I am trying my best at not poking it but I keep failing and keep falling right back into the habit. I hate this :(

I guess I should trust my doctor but I am so afraid of it growing. Maybe it's been there for all I know. I don't even know anymore.
    Fine, keep poking and prodding it but I guarantee you are doing more damage to your lymph nodes than good. They are not there to be poked and prodded and it is not something that they will appreciate. I also read that you are squeezing it? Don’t do that. You say yours is the size of a kidney bean? Mine are bigger. My NORMAL size ones are about the size of a kidney bean but my scarred ones are bigger. Stop poking.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzymoon86 View Post
    Fine, keep poking and prodding it but I guarantee you are doing more damage to your lymph nodes than good. They are not there to be poked and prodded and it is not something that they will appreciate. I also read that you are squeezing it? Don’t do that. You say yours is the size of a kidney bean? Mine are bigger. My NORMAL size ones are about the size of a kidney bean but my scarred ones are bigger. Stop poking.

Thank you for this comment. I suppose I haven't seen any significant growth in the past two months but I will say that I have been poking at it almost everyday for that time. So I'm trying real hard not to poke at it any longer. I can't go on like this. If my doctors weren't concerned, then I shouldn't be. It's just so hard not to worry and not to poke.

I am going to stay off this forum for at least two weeks, in addition, I will not be poking my lymph node for those two weeks. I am determined to break this habit and move on with my life. I have a scarf that I wear to prevent me from poking it. I have to keep reminding myself that it could have always been there and that doctors are not concerned whatsoever. I really wanna see what happens to the node if I don't touch it for at least one week, preferably two weeks.

Thanks for all the reassurance and patience with me. I'm determined to fix myself.

Good for you. Keep those hands busy during that time and when you find yourself wanting to check, go make a drink or go for a walk, anything. Habits can be made and habits can be broken.

Thanks! I'm doing well!! Haven't touched it at ALL and this is day 3. I'm wondering how long it'll take for any swelling that I caused by poking to go down.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread Information